[Ace] Khas Lighting Out of Range Error w/ Shadows

cavemanK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, 

I am getting a very frustrating error using Khas' Awesome Lighting Script in combination with Falcao ABS (among many others) where the game will randomly crash on a variety of maps due to an out of range float being passed through one of the many shadow calculating functions. Watching the values indicates that the values are okay until it increases dramatically in one frame.

Has anyone experienced this before? I tried taking a look around, but couldn't find any topics with a solution. I'm guessing it's due to the amount of characters walking around my map with the ABS system, and my first thought is to try and clamp the value before it's passed into the shadow methods. 

Perhaps this is an issue than Ultra Lighting solves...?

I can't post the game yet, I don't have access to it at the moment. I will try to post it soon. Any help you could provide in the meantime is appreciated!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
details of the error would be helpful - what script, what line, what is in the line?  Switching from one script to another is not necessarily going to avoid a problem - it might introduce more.  So good to spend some time trying to resolve it before looking for alternatives - "better the devil you know".

cavemanK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks! Apologies for taking so long to reply. I've attached a picture of one of the errors I got. As I've been working, I've noticed that it occurs with lower frequency in low-contrast lighting conditions:

.View attachment 55605

And another:

/monthly_2017_01/floatOFR.png.5de8d9a1adce14d703872962a03f6a74.png

The line of the error changes based on which parameters are provided to the method (or whatever they're called in Ruby ()=]). From what I can tell, it's mostly occurring in the Block_SL class, but I think it changes every so often. 

Here is the script:

<--snip-->

I'm just working on a few more accessibility things with my game before posting it. The issue is a little difficult to recreate anyways so I'm trying to narrow it down. 

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
cavemanK, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something, simply edit your earlier post.

In addition, please do not post whole scripts. There are a lot of reasons for this, including that the original sites for the scripts usually contain additional info and bugfixes (if any).  Please provide a link instead.

cavemanK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry! It's all fixed if you want to remove the second post at some point.

@Shaz the script is linked in original post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azarae