petitepirouette

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm fairly new to rpgmaker vxace and I'm trying to tackle a project that involves multiframe and diagonal walk cycles for my sprites.

I'm using preexisting twewy sprites for my base just so I can get the movement and proportions right. 

The scripts I'm using are Victor Sant's basic, multiframe, control codes and diagonal scripts.

-ft. neku- These are pictures of the sprite sheets I made (first 2 images) and what I named them (below):

[IMG]http://snag.gy/fBqgX.jpg[/IMG]
 and the rightmost image are the idle poses for all directions. 

I was able to get the walk cycles to import correctly and the diagonal works fine, but does anyone know how to incorporate the idle poses into the sprite as well so that the character does not look like he is perpetually balancing on one foot?

Thank you!

EDIT:

after much digging around on the forums I found a script that seems to solve my problem! I tried out Galvs idle animation script (http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/7141-character-animations/) but instead of an animation I copy-pasted a whole bunch of idle pose stills and I made it work with the multiframe by extending the character sheet to accommodate for 8 frames instead of 3. I tested it out and so far it seems to work perfectly, even with the diagonal poses. If anyone else is trying to accomplish a multiframe-diagonal-idlepose sprite set I would be more than willing to go through how to format a sheet to serve all three.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post links for the scripts you are using so people don't have to go searching for them (do not post the scripts themselves - just links to the forum thread or blog article that introduces them)

petitepirouette

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, noted! I updated my first post.

solution:

after much digging around on the forums I found a script that seems to solve my problem! I tried out Galvs idle animation script (http://www.rpgmakerv...ter-animations/) but instead of an animation I copy-pasted a whole bunch of idle pose stills and I made it work with the multiframe by extending the character sheet to accommodate for 8 frames instead of 3. I tested it out and so far it seems to work perfectly, even with the diagonal poses. If anyone else is trying to accomplish a multiframe-diagonal-idlepose sprite set I would be more than willing to go through how to format a sheet to serve all three.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there, I know it's 6 years ago, but do you have a template i could check out, pretty please?
Alright, noted! I updated my first post.

solution:

after much digging around on the forums I found a script that seems to solve my problem! I tried out Galvs idle animation script (http://www.rpgmakerv...ter-animations/) but instead of an animation I copy-pasted a whole bunch of idle pose stills and I made it work with the multiframe by extending the character sheet to accommodate for 8 frames instead of 3. I tested it out and so far it seems to work perfectly, even with the diagonal poses. If anyone else is trying to accomplish a multiframe-diagonal-idlepose sprite set I would be more than willing to go through how to format a sheet to serve all three.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkylarSnow