[ACE] Multi-Layer Parallax?

catc0617

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I hope I'm posting in the correct section for this...

Is it possible, via script or otherwise, to have a mutli-layer parallax map in VX Ace?

For example, if I made a layer for the ground (below player), for furniture (same as player), and for overhead objects (above player), is there any way to layer these images together in the program to make a functioning map, with all the different priorities? Obviously, in the default map properties, it only allows for one parallax image, and if I remember correctly, the priority is below the player, making it only useful for ground and/or sky backgrounds, side-scroller style.

If anyone knows of any solutions to this, I'd really appreciate it! c:

~Cannibal

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I know there is, but I do believe it requires scripts. And while I'm certain they're out there, I'm not sure where. So, I'm going to move this to Script Requests and hopefully someone can help you find it.

GGZiron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The one I know is the script by Neon Black , which is part of Celianna 's parallax tutorial.
It is part of this site resourses for purchase, but currently I can't find it, and the link I had for it now gives error 404.
I don't know if can be found somewhere else.

Edit: Here it is: https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/rpg-maker-vxace-recommend/parallax-mapping-guide .
If you need free script, then I don't know, but maybe someone else knows.
Edit 2: As I happen to own it, in the script is writen that only credits need to be given, so maybe the script itself is free? I just can't happen to find it stand alone.

Last edited:

catc0617

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks guys!!

Vindaca, your script looks like exactly what I'm looking for (and it's free \o/). Reading the script, it looks like I can put parallax maps both at the same level as the character, and above as well! Am I correct on that?

vindaca

CEO of Tales of the Valiant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes you are.

catc0617

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, mate! Much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_L7