wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A few years ago I started using Ace, then upgraded to MV. Life and interests took me in a different direction and I am now getting back to this.

So what I want to know is, should I go back and learn all I can about Ace, then MV, then MZ or just start using MZ and learn how to use it?

I didn't really learn about Ace or MV except for maybe doing 20 or so tuts and I have forgotten all of that.

FrigidGaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Personally, I would say if you have no prior investments on any older Ace projects, that moving to MV/MZ will be very beneficial for the sake of the plugin support, higher resolutions, and just generally smoother game-making experience with less frustrations. Especially when there's a more active base of people that will help when issues arise. I know I'd struggle to go back to VX Ace now that plugins have spoiled me, haha.

As for the debate between MV/MZ, do you already own MZ, or was it something you were contemplating on buying? As MZ does have improvements over MV I would say--and is like a pure iteration on it without lacking anything MV has (as far as I'm aware) and the only thing you would miss out on is the MV specific plugins--even then though, there's been efforts made to port a lot of stuff over.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
They're all good. Use the one you like the most.
I'd recommend MZ though as it's the latest and the one with the most plugins I think.

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was thinking of buying MZ.
Personally, I would say if you have no prior investments on any older Ace projects, that moving to MV/MZ will be very beneficial for the sake of the plugin support, higher resolutions, and just generally smoother game-making experience with less frustrations. Especially when there's a more active base of people that will help when issues arise. I know I'd struggle to go back to VX Ace now that plugins have spoiled me, haha.

As for the debate between MV/MZ, do you already own MZ, or was it something you were contemplating on buying? As MZ does have improvements over MV I would say--and is like a pure iteration on it without lacking anything MV has (as far as I'm aware) and the only thing you would miss out on is the MV specific plugins--even then though, there's been efforts made to port a lot of stuff over.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lestat90