Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a link to the Schala system, otherwise a lot of people here won't be able to help you.

mugen808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
hi

sorry to insist, i really cant find out. if anyone got a clue pls let me know.

thanks !

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The script MOG_Simple_Movement is the script in that system which controls the dash function.  It is an add-on, which means you do not have to have it if you don't want to.  Try disabling that script and see if what you are left with is what you want.

mugen808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
thank you for your attention. sorry i didn't make it clear enought.

yes you're right, deleting Mog_Simple_Movement is removing the dash.

but what i'm asking for is how to disable it temporary only. Is there any way to script call for that effect ?

mugen808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
just an update as i've tried to dig deeper in the matter.

first statement :

with Mog_Simple_Movement it is usless to use RMVXA native option in maps to disable dash. I conclude that it is re-writing the whole process of dashing.

Actually ksjp17 advise was not bad. I tried to remove the Mog_Simple_Movement's script and i can still get the native dashing system from the programm and disable it with maps options.

And actually i don't care the diagonal moves feature, so it is no loss for me.

But i really wana be able to show a character dashing sprite. i found some scripts online to enable this feature. they're working but only on the main character. Rest of the caterpillar is not showing the dash sprites.

So in short, only Mog_Simple_Movement is giving a dash animation to the full caterpillar, but it seems it cannot get disactivated temporary.

Wether i need to find a script call to disactivate dashing in Mog_Simple_Movement, or i need a script enabling to show dash animation for the whole caterpillar row.

if anyone knows about it, please kindly share ^^

fyi the script enabling the dash aniamation on the main character (but not on the rest of the caterpilar) - It is from Quasi in rpgmakervxace.net- as folow :

Code:
#==============================================================================# ** Sprite_Character#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  This sprite is used to display characters. It observes an instance of the# Game_Character class and automatically changes sprite state.#==============================================================================class Sprite_Character < Sprite_Base  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * OVERWRITE Update Transfer Origin Bitmap  # Still "works" if this was aliased instead but the sprite graphic  # would flash, since it would change to the default/non prefixed graphic  # then back to the the one with the prefix.  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def update_bitmap    update_dash    if graphic_changed?      @tile_id = @character.tile_id      @character_name = @character.character_name if !@character.dash?      @character_index = @character.character_index      if @tile_id > 0        set_tile_bitmap      else        set_character_bitmap      end    end  end  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Adds "_dash" prefix to sprite if dashing  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def update_dash    return unless @character.moving?    return unless @character.dash?    @character_name = @character.character_name + "_dash"  endend

mugen808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
OK solved.

So in case anyone in the future would have the same problem, here is the magic solution (you'll lose the digonal move but... you'll gain the idle animation ;) ) :

Replace Mog_Simple_Movement add-on by  Galv's Character Animations.

Thanks & cya !^^

PS: here is Galv's code :

Code:
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  Galv's Character Animations#------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  For: RPGMAKER VX ACE#  Version 1.7#------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  2013-01-07 - Version 1.7 - Slight tweaks#  2012-10-06 - Version 1.6 - Updated alias names for compatibility#  2012-10-06 - Version 1.5 - Added dash speed option. Fixed some code#  2012-09-21 - Version 1.4 - Optimised the code significantly (to my ability)#                           - Some bug fixes#  2012-09-21 - Version 1.3 - Added ability to repeat common event#                           - Added follower animations#  2012-09-20 - Version 1.2 - fixed compatibility with Galv's Region Effects#  2012-09-20 - Version 1.1 - added idle common event, removed unnecessary code#  2012-09-20 - Version 1.0 - release#------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  Designed to give actors additional animations such as:#  - Idle#  - Walking#  - Dashing#  - Custom (run a common event if you've been idle for a period of time)##  INSTRUCTIONS:#  1. Copy this script below materials and above main#  2. Create your charset files with extensions (see setup options)#   by default these are:#        - "Actor1.png" for idle#        - "Actor1_walk.png" for walking#        - "Actor1_dash.png" for dashing#  Make sure the actor's sprites are in the same position in each charset.#  (you can have 8 actors in each spritesheet)##------------------------------------------------------------------------------###  KNOWN ISSUES:#  - Move Route Change graphic commands only work when the switch is on.#    Then if you turn it off again, the graphic changes back to the original.#    Use "Set Actor Graphic" event command to change instead.##------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  #  !!!!! WARNING - I am a learning scripter. Use this at your own risk!!!!!!#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# ($imported ||= {})["Chara_Anims"] = truemodule Chara_Anims   #------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  #  SETUP OPTIONS#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#   WALK_EXTENSION = "_walk"    # appends to end of file names to determine                              # the walking charsets.   DASH_EXTENSION = "_dash"    # appends to end of dashing charset filename                              # Make it the same as walk extension to disable  DASH_SPEED = 1.2            # 1 is RMVX default dash speed.      PAUSE = 5                   # frames before idle animation starts                              # (60 frames per second). I was planning something                              # with this but you shouldn't change it for now.   ANIM_SWITCH = 1             # ID of a switch to disable this effect.                              # Turn switch ON in order to use change graphic                              # move route commands. Turn off to restore anims.     STEP_ANIMATION = true       # If "Stepping" is on or off by default.                              # Can be true or false.   COMMON_EVENT = 1            # Common event ID that plays after a certain time  COMMON_EVENT_TIME = 200     # Frames idle before common event called.  REPEAT_EVENT = false        # Repeat this common event if player remains idle?                              # (restarts the common event time) true or false.#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  #  END SETUP OPTIONS#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#                                    end # Chara_Anims  class Sprite_Character < Sprite_Base  alias galv_charanim_initialize initialize  def initialize(viewport, character = nil)    @idletime = 0    galv_charanim_initialize(viewport, character)  end   alias galv_charanim_update update  def update    galv_charanim_update     return if $game_switches[Chara_Anims::ANIM_SWITCH]    return move_anim if $game_player.moving?    @idletime += 1    idle_anim if @idletime == Chara_Anims::PAUSE    idle_event if @idletime == Chara_Anims::COMMON_EVENT_TIME  end   def idle_anim    $game_player.step_anime = Chara_Anims::STEP_ANIMATION    $game_party.battle_members.each { |m|      default = m.character_name.chomp(Chara_Anims::DASH_EXTENSION)      m.set_g(default.chomp(Chara_Anims::WALK_EXTENSION))    }    $game_player.refresh    @idletime += 1  end   def move_anim    $game_party.battle_members.each { |m|      if $game_player.dash?        if !m.character_name.include?(Chara_Anims::DASH_EXTENSION)          m.set_g(m.character_name.chomp(Chara_Anims::WALK_EXTENSION) + Chara_Anims::DASH_EXTENSION)        end      else        if !m.character_name.include?(Chara_Anims::WALK_EXTENSION)          m.set_g(m.character_name.chomp(Chara_Anims::DASH_EXTENSION) + Chara_Anims::WALK_EXTENSION)        end      end    }    $game_player.refresh    @idletime = 0  end   def idle_event    $game_temp.reserve_common_event(Chara_Anims::COMMON_EVENT)    @idletime = 0 if Chara_Anims::REPEAT_EVENT  endend # Sprite_Character < Sprite_Base  class Game_CharacterBase  alias galv_charanim_init_public_members init_public_members  def init_public_members    galv_charanim_init_public_members    @step_anime = Chara_Anims::STEP_ANIMATION  end     alias galv_charanim_real_move_speed real_move_speed  def real_move_speed    galv_charanim_real_move_speed    @move_speed + (dash? ? Chara_Anims::DASH_SPEED : 0)  endend # Game_CharacterBase  class Game_Actor < Game_Battler  def set_g(character_name)    @character_name = character_name  endend # Game_Actor < Game_Battler  class Game_Player < Game_Character  attr_accessor :step_animeend # class Game_Player < Game_Character

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annygma