SaburoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make use of Enu's Tankentai Sideview Battle System , and I've got several questions since there are features that work differently than what I'm familiar with.

1. What ATB should I be using? When I first switched over I saw people suggesting Fomar's, and then in the tankentai thread I saw talk of C-Winter's. The former seems to be lacking in features lacks features, the latter is entirely in Japanese and I'm not sure how to even go about installing it at all, and most of the others I've tried have issues with animations replaying or turns not ending.

2. I know that the Ace version has options for battle back control. Is it possible switch battle background images like animation frames or am I limited to sliding images in and out? I'm trying to recreate animated battle backs that I had in VX using Moghunter's scripts but can't just use the Ace version of said script as it conflicts and crashes.

3. How exactly do I go about creating a skill that applies a state to the entire allied party except for the user? I tried the following sequence:

"GUARDIAN_FORCE" => ["SKILL_ACTIVATE", "STEP_FORWARD", "APPLY_COVER", "CO_RESET"],

With "APPLY_COVER" defined as

"APPLY_COVER" => ["sta", 3, 2, "+", [16]],

But this gives me a crashing error message of:

Script '◄Journey System►' like 969: TypeError occurred.
can't convert Game_Actor into array

Is it a problem with the sequence, or the skill's scope, or both?

I am aware that the most common response to inquiries about tankentai is "use another sbs". I have made attempts at doing so but haven't been able to make heads or tails of the suggested alternatives and/or they lack the features to recreate the skills as I want. Ultimately my goal is to port a VX project that used the RGSS2 version of tankentai and get as close to a 1 to 1 translation as possible. So, if anyone could offer help to any of my issues it would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool
Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif
It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meow123