SaburoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make use of Enu's Tankentai Sideview Battle System , and I've got several questions since there are features that work differently than what I'm familiar with.

1. What ATB should I be using? When I first switched over I saw people suggesting Fomar's, and then in the tankentai thread I saw talk of C-Winter's. The former seems to be lacking in features lacks features, the latter is entirely in Japanese and I'm not sure how to even go about installing it at all, and most of the others I've tried have issues with animations replaying or turns not ending.

2. I know that the Ace version has options for battle back control. Is it possible switch battle background images like animation frames or am I limited to sliding images in and out? I'm trying to recreate animated battle backs that I had in VX using Moghunter's scripts but can't just use the Ace version of said script as it conflicts and crashes.

3. How exactly do I go about creating a skill that applies a state to the entire allied party except for the user? I tried the following sequence:

"GUARDIAN_FORCE" => ["SKILL_ACTIVATE", "STEP_FORWARD", "APPLY_COVER", "CO_RESET"],

With "APPLY_COVER" defined as

"APPLY_COVER" => ["sta", 3, 2, "+", [16]],

But this gives me a crashing error message of:

Script '◄Journey System►' like 969: TypeError occurred.
can't convert Game_Actor into array

Is it a problem with the sequence, or the skill's scope, or both?

I am aware that the most common response to inquiries about tankentai is "use another sbs". I have made attempts at doing so but haven't been able to make heads or tails of the suggested alternatives and/or they lack the features to recreate the skills as I want. Ultimately my goal is to port a VX project that used the RGSS2 version of tankentai and get as close to a 1 to 1 translation as possible. So, if anyone could offer help to any of my issues it would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

A certain person better sell his stock while he still can, because it looks like it's going to take an unrecoverable nose dive.
7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feddieroma