Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys.

I've got two game-breaking bugs that need to be solved.

Bug #1: Ended up just requesting a compatibility patch over here.

The first of the two involves Tsukihime's Target Scopes script. My main use with the script is to target allies in reserve with certain skills (mainly buffs, healing, etc.) In addition to this, I'm using Yanfly's battle engine, FTB, and his Party System, among others.
Combined with the Ace Battle Engine, Tsuki's script has some issues. When it does work, it often targets the wrong target. When it doesn't work (y'know, when actually targeting all party members + reserve members), the game just crashes, and I get this error:

I've looked everywhere for a replacement script, but I just can't seem to find it anywhere. Any idea how to fix this?
Bug #2:

I'm using Mr. Trivel's Static XP script combined with Yanfly's Victory Aftermath (plus his fix). Everything works fine, except when a character levels up. After the "new skills" screen, the game just crashes and gives me this error:

This isn't a super huge error, since I can just get rid of Yanfly's script, but I prefer to keep it as long as possible.
Many thanks to anyone who can help me out with this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another bump.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bug #1:

The problem is that Yanfly changed the target selection screen to use graphics and to visualise the targets on screen.

That means that all target managers need to access YEA's internal data structure to get the correct indices and links.

Unless you find someone who writes an compatibility patch, you can only try the different target manager scripts and see which one works for you.

Unfortunately, this is the first target manager I've seen that has the option to target reserve members - that is usually not the case, because the reserve is usually not inside the battle. And most probably that is the part that crashes - Yanfly's battleengine doesn't expect to target reserve actors (which are missing the initialisation done with the active battlers at battlestart).

Is there a specific reason why you need this option? Normally it would be easier to cast spells on the reserve after the battle...

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guess I'll have to request a compatibility patch, then. :/

Due to the way my battle system and its mechanics work, only two characters (out of six total) can be playable at once, with the main character being required at all times. In order to make certain skills more useful and decrease repetitiveness/uselessness/whatever, states and actions would apply to the entire party, reserves included. For instance, say I use a skill that buffs the entire party's ATK for five turns.

Normally, only the two active characters would receive the buff. With the script (if it worked), all members would receive the buff. So if/when you switch the 2nd member out, the incoming member (from the reserve) would still have the buff. That's pretty much what I'm going for.

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump for the 2nd bug.

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS