doriantoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really didn't want to have to do this - start a thread asking for help, that is, but things just aren't happening for me.  The concept is a pretty simple one, but for whatever reason, it's just not happening for me, which is really frustrating.  It's probably pointless for me to say, but I learn best by example, by viewing and being taught.  I've spent a couple hours familiarizing myself with Victor's manual, but it's not helping me.  I understand the core concepts, but the finer details are lost on me.  So here I am.  The character in question is named Ethan.  The animation is called Power Wave.  So I have the character set-up;

'$ethan' => {frames: 4, rows: 14, mirror: true, invert: false,mode: :sprite, action: :ethan},And the animation frames (these are larger width-wise than the regular frames, I have NO IDEA if this affects anything????);

'$ethan_powerwave' => {frames: 4, rows: 3, mirror: true, invert: false,mode: :sprite, action: :ethan},Ethan has his own section for actions, the pose is set-up where actions are defined, and it is linked to the database skill.  No problems here.  However, whenever I substitute the sufix into the code ... nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  It simply uses Ethan's regular attack animation.  The beginnings of the defined action;

# Pose for the skill 'Power Wave'<action: Power Wave, reset>direction: targets;pose: self, sufix_powerwave, row 1, frame 2, wait 4;wait: 4;Can anyone figure out why?  This is obviously just the beginnings of the code, but I've already hit a snag, and I am experiencing other problems, but I figured I'd tackle this one first.  Images are attached.

$ethan.png

$ethananim.png

$ethan_powerwave.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.
Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidUchina