Not open for further replies.

Sclario

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
I'm farily new with the RPG maker. Still making my first game. I'm planning to keep stuff simple and the game short. Still I really like the sideview battle engine and the animations Victor offers in his scripts.

I'm currently using the following scripts, installed in this order:

Yanfly - Ace Core EngineYanfly - Battle EngineYanfly - Menu EgineYanfly - Party systemYanfly - Message SystemVictor - Basic ModuleVictor - Animated BattleVictor - Actor BattlersYanfly - FixRevivalAnimationI had been "googling" for days nows, I know there was some kind of incompatibility issues with both battle engines (Victors and Yanfly) but when I installed and after some minor fixes in the scripts I still getting this error.

This is the referred script lines in the message:

It only happens when I'm in battle and I press the right arrow.

I checked in Victor's website, some other people had reported this error but I didn't find a fix for it. I think its something to do with  telling the script what animation use when the skill/item/weapon is magical hit or physical. But I already had defined this in early in the script. I checked the notes on my skills/item/weapon and they are good. And I really double check the order of the scripts, this is the only order they will actually work without giving me more errors.

I can even play the game without getting the error only if I dont press the right arrow when selecting the moves for my actors and this is pretty anoying because I want people be able to play the game without any glitchs. I'm Attaching the entire script Im using. :)

Well, I hope someone can help me with this.

Sclario Victor Animated Battle.txt

Attachments

sy7hf7tgtgrf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try moving the set of Victor's scripts above Yanfly's.

sy7hf7tgtgrf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just tried it now. The same happened :( , thank you anyway for fast response.
Try this just for a test, save your project how you want it, then back it up, just make a copy of the project folder. (Documents\RPGVXAce\ProjectHere). Now that you have saved your project and made a copy of your project, remove all your custom scripts except for, Yanfly's Message System, Ace Battle Engine, Victors Basic Module, Victors Animated Battles and, Victors Actors Battlers. Then try to see if it all works.

Sclario

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
Yes, I actually did this but I got the same Error ;(. If I change the order of the scripts sometimes i get another error 

the "undefined method hidden" one, which I fixed already.

Thanks again.

sy7hf7tgtgrf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, I actually did this but I got the same Error ;(. If I change the order of the scripts sometimes i get another error 

the "undefined method hidden" one, which I fixed already.

Thanks again.
All I can think of is just re-download the scripts.

Sclario

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
All I can think of is just re-download the scripts.
I did this yesterday. I tried with a fresh  setup of the scripts. Nothing happened getting the same anoying error ;(

EDIT

Sorry I didn't realize I just had to use certain Scripts for this test:

Try this just for a test, save your project how you want it, then back it up, just make a copy of the project folder. (Documents\RPGVXAce\ProjectHere). Now that you have saved your project and made a copy of your project, remove all your custom scripts except for, Yanfly's Message System, Ace Battle Engine, Victors Basic Module, Victors Animated Battles and, Victors Actors Battlers. Then try to see if it all works.
And the results are that, yes it works. There is no glitch or anything. But it is because of the Battle HUD. The script giving me the incompatibility was the Ace Battle Engine by Yanfly the thing is, I really like that interface. To let you know I never change a bit of this script, I didn't feel it neccesary.

In this type of interface you have to move the arrows left-right to choose your actor and your commands:

Then you have selected your last actor I you press Right arrow again then is when I get the error. But only when Im using this script with the Victor Animated Battler. Im pretty sure there is people using both of them with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

sy7hf7tgtgrf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I use all the scripts that I told you to test it with and they all work fine with no problem. What error is it again that you get for this test? The magic error or the hidden one?

Sclario

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
It works really well withouth the Yanfly Battle Engine.

EDIT

I still want to find a fix because I would like to use both scripts (Ace Battle Engine and Victor Animated Battle)
still getting the same error after all these testing.

sy7hf7tgtgrf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It works really well withouth the Yanfly Battle Engine.

EDIT

I still want to find a fix because I would like to use both scripts (Ace Battle Engine and Victor Animated Battle)

still getting the same error after all these testing.
I use both Ace Battle Engine and Victors Animated Battles just fine. How did you setup Victors Animated Battles?

EDIT: Victors Animated Battles is patched to work with that stuff.

Sclario

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
I use both Ace Battle Engine and Victors Animated Battles just fine. How did you setup Victors Animated Battles?

EDIT: Victors Animated Battles is patched to work with that stuff.
Can I have a look of your scripts and the order you have them installed? also, can you link me the Patch, the last time I look for a patch it said it wasn't updated and it didn't work anymore, this was on Victors website, I think.

sy7hf7tgtgrf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can I have a look of your scripts and the order you have them installed? also, can you link me the Patch, the last time I look for a patch it said it wasn't updated and it didn't work anymore, this was on Victors website, I think.
I'm dumb I am now getting the error aswell, let me see if I can fix it.

EDIT I have yet to find a fix or create one myself but, this is what shows to me.

Sclario

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
Now you know how it feels ;_;

Haha anyway, thank you for looking for a fix. Until that, you know any other Battle Hud script. I already tried the Altelier Battle Hud, but being a newbie I find it hard to set it up, and it is in portuguese.

sy7hf7tgtgrf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now you know how it feels ;_;

Haha anyway, thank you for looking for a fix. Until that, you know any other Battle Hud script. I already tried the Altelier Battle Hud, but being a newbie I find it hard to set it up, and it is in portuguese.
Oh! I forgot about that one. I'll help you, I have the demo. Let me just first set it up myself.

Sclario

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish/English
Primarily Uses
I just had problem getting it to work properly, couldn't make right the position of the hud, the bars and the numbers.

Plus I will be using 5 characters, sometimes just 3.

BUMP

Still looking for a fix to this problem.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This post is old but, I found a post by Theoallen from somewhere, I tried a quick search and can't find it again; but it's out there.

Post this below yanfly battle system

class Window_ActorCommand

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Delete Handling
def process_dir6
end

def process_dir4
end

end

class Scene_Battle
# Overwrites
def create_actor_command_window
scene_battle_create_actor_command_window_abe
end
end

It will prevent the right arrow pressing during party commands in battle. Works for me.

Credits - Theoallen

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Roninator2, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenRelicanth