[Ace] Wait function in a Player Touch event that stalls only the event, not the character?

shiori4me

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know if I'd like to have it so that the evented wait command never stops the character and just designate Move Route - player character - wait x frames (since I use the character's move route to wait during parallel processes/autoruns,

or if I'd just like to know how to do a script call that has only the event wait.

Whatever works.

I'm having trouble coming up with words to explain the reasons I want this, but I'm surprised this isn't a normal function in VXAce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
perhaps you should give a better example of what you're trying to do, because it seems that you misunderstood the basic idea behind autoruns and parallel processes.

During an autorun, the player is automatically immobilized and cannot move - no need to wait for a player.

Parallel processes are intended for cases where you want the player to move at the same time as the parallel process - again no need for a player-wait.

The wait-command is usually there to prevent parallels from running every frame, and in the case of cutscenes to give the player (human) time to observe - in both cases it does not need to be executed on the character/player.

I haven't seen a single idea where a moveroute - player - wait-command is really needed - either you have a very special use, or you're doing something more complex than neccessary...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set Move Route has a Wait box that you can check so the next command will not be processed until that character (player or NPC) has finished moving.

But I'm also a bit iffy on what you're trying to achieve, so that's just a guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think there is something wrong with my cat. He is acting CATatonic.
Want to find a quick answer? Say the wrong one and SOMEONE will fall all over themselves to correct you.
Back after almost two years! O_O"
It's time to get back to my unfinished character sprite attempt AND JS/plugin making learning! :D
Hey guys how come my new plugin that I programmed so perfectly doesn't work? Oh wait.... I forgot to add it to my game's plugins. :kaoswt:
While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sibexus