Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! :)

In my game, I'm using the ABS script XAS Battle System (Here is a link to the original XAS script, and Here is a link to an English download of the script! NOTE: I'm using Ace!)

In this script, you typically have to "equip" or select a skill to set to a skill hotkey. Changing to a different skill, however, means you have to stop the battle, and go into a menu to select it.

What I'm hoping can be done is to have a script call in which causes the "equipped" skill to cycle to the payer's other skills with the press of a button. I can simply set a key to run a common event with a hotkey script, so I only need a script command that when called cycles the skills by 1. 

I hope I explained this well enough, I was at a bit of a loss with how to describe it. If I left anything out, please feel free to ask.

Thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Didn't I make you this script already? Or did I make it for someone else? My memory fails me, I'm beginning to think that I'm getting old! o.o

Anyway, here is the script I made for this: http://pastebin.com/SJw5gC42

It should do what you want without you having to make any common events for it. You will be able to swap any tools (weapons and items too) with the button you want (configurable).

Ohh, I made it for Mireneye actually, just found the topic for it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a bundle, this is exactly what I've been searching for, and works great! :D

supinpa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Sixth, I was looking around for something like this as well!

Thanks a lot for this script.

Just thought I'd tell you about this little error in the script, 

at line 149, you have @cycleskill = { :weapon => 0, :armor => 0, :item => 0, :item => 0 }

when I believe you meant for it to be @cycleskill = { :weapon => 0, :armor => 0, :item => 0, :skill => 0 }.

It's not that major, but it gives you an error if you try to change skills without having one selected already.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ohh, thanks for the report!

Yeah, that should be skill indeed, seems like I forgot to edit the copy/paste stuff there.

Fixed it on pastebin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idnpokerr