Action Battle System like The Crooked Man?

QueenTeaYT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a way to fight sprites on a map instead of enter a battle system? I looked around and saw people calling this kind of fighting "action battle system," so I hope I used the right term.

If there's a script to allow this, that's cool, but a vanilla VXA way would be nice.

EDIT: On my own, the closest I can come up with a sprite on map fight is one-way. As in, the enemy sprite is set to "approach" and "parallel process" and programmed to do instant damage or a K.O. I would like to be able to fight back.

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How exactly does this system in the Crooked Man works? too lazy to watch a video
There are some ABS scripts out there, you can find them if you search for "ABS RMVXA". But I assume the one in TCM is a simple one, as with other Horror games.

QueenTeaYT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How exactly does this system in the Crooked Man works? too lazy to watch a video
There are some ABS scripts out there, you can find them if you search for "ABS RMVXA". But I assume the one in TCM is a simple one, as with other Horror games.
In The Crooked Man, the sprite chases you on one map, and the player is able to walk up to it and click an action button to attack it (so interacting with the event, I assume). After 5 hits or so, the sprite "dies" and the fighting is over.

This is probably more advanced, but if there's a way to make a projectile damage the sprite instead (like a bullet), that would be cool, too.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This cannot be done withiut a script.

[move]RGSS3 Script Requests[/move]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard
It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakobhenerey309