Action Battle System Resources

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by gilgamar, Apr 22, 2016.

1. gilgamar

gilgamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Resource Type: Character Action Sprites, Animated Projectiles, etc.

Maker Format: MV

Art Style: Any style is good. It's for demonstrative purposes. A consistent set of resources would be nice.

Description:  I'm writing a rather large script for an Action Battle System. A lot of progress has been made already although it is far from finished. The biggest hurdle I have at present is a lack of resources to work with. I can program but I'm not good at pixel art and the resources I have now are non distributable. I'd like someone to help create some base resources for an Action Battle System that will become part of the package for other developers to use or test in their own implementations. The most important resources would be a custom character and an associated attack animation (sword swinging). A chanting animation would be great too as I have the code for this already. I have support for projectiles as well (the projectiles are just game events using a custom character sheet). I have arrow and fireball. The fireball is animated but the arrow is not (it could be animated though). The system uses in-game animations for impact animations. I have support for damage popups using the games own system so customized popup spritesheets will work for this system as well as the normal battle system.

Reference Images: This is kinda like what I'm after: http://i.imgur.com/uwAM7HQ.png

Video Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8xGgxim_gkbaHFUcWhfTElaLTg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
    Paldemaar likes this.
  2. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sounds pretty intense! This seems a lot to take on for free... is there something you might throw into the mix to help spice things up? A service trade, perhaps? :)

3. Lantiz

Lantiz Biterkid Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I guess he meant to distribute his plugin for free also, at last it's what I understood...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
  4. Paldemaar

Paldemaar Highlord Member

First Language:
    Serbian
    Finaly!

I was just waiting for someone to create this kind of plugin! I wish you all the best!

5. gilgamar

gilgamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks so much, this has been an enormous undertaking. It's actually 7 scripts or so at this point. I dare say it's a long ways from finished though and there are tons of bugs in it at the moment. I'm fairly new to javascript (started learning it in January), and also fairly new to RPG Maker (started in January).

6. gilgamar

gilgamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

This script is an enormous undertaking that I'm doing for free. I started in late January but its been on/off. Still, if you are asking if I could write you some codes in exchange for resources I might be able to, depends on how involved it is as I already have a lot on my plate. I'm better at writing small scripts.

I also should add I wouldn't mind if any other programmers wanted to join forces as this project is getting to be beyond my capabilities (not the programming itself, just the scale of the project is larger than any I've worked on before and I don't really know how to deal with this much code).

Saltwater Croc likes this.
  7. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I must confess that I'm actually not a spriter... I was just asking so you'd mention it on the thread, which would hopefully attract more people.
    I apologize if I mislead you.

8. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @gilgamar, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I think it would be helpful if you made a real clear list of the items you need. It's a bit difficult sorting through your paragraph of what you have v. what you need.

Also, if you are needing help from other coders, I would recommend posting in this section where it is likely to get more attention from coders.

9. gilgamar

gilgamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It was just a passing thought.

10. gilgamar

gilgamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No worries. I'm trying to get motivated to continue working on this but I've been taking a bit of a break due to allergy season stealing all my energy.

11. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @gilgamar, this is double posting, by the way. If you need to add something to a previous post, just edit it. Or, in this case, if you need to quote more than one person, you can use the multi-quote button, which is the black button with the plus sign on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  12. Wabron

Wabron Villager Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Oh my god!!!! :D  

Will you please make a tutorial on this? I can't complete my game before I have the right action battle system. At the moment my ABS is too buggy and doesn't feel very "fun" for players who have tried my game. I need a system like this. I'm making a game with a deadline for jan 2019 - Zelda like indie game. I can use this and advance on it later. What a great day, thank you for all your effort to the community. 

13. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Wabron This is not the place to be asking for such a thing. If and when gilgamar posts a topic for this plugin, you may ask there.