RMMZ Action Button Text like in other RPGs

Cimmantti

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey, guys!
I'm not sure if there's already a simple plugin for this or even a manual way to do in-game but, I'm basically looking for just a small text pop-up option? A way to make it so when a character is near a door, a chest, any item, there's a text that just says "Check" or "open" while in front of it. Text that does not interfere but allows the player to see that they are able to press a button to do something. Something very similar to the Tales of series or Dragon Quest, basically any other RPG Series.
I have access to VisuStella's Gab Window for MZ and some other plugins but I'm not sure if any other popular ones would be used for a feature this small? I don't want an interrupting text window but, I'm just wondering what are some of the ways (plug-ins included) that could help me attain this feature?

Long story short: basically just an action button window...you get close to an event and there's a pop-up, text, etc. that reminds you can press a button and activate. Something very simple and common.

Thank you!

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This might be what you want. It does icons, but icons can have words in them:

Cimmantti

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This might be what you want. It does icons, but icons can have words in them:
Thank you! Seems to do essentially what I wanted just fine! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_game_dev