Action End vs Turn End vs Action Begin vs Turn Begin

Which auto-removal timing do you usually use?

• Action End

• Turn End

• Action Start

• Turn Start

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wanted to see what people typically use out of these 4 choices and why. I'm starting to think the choice is somewhat situational. For those unaware, Action Start and Turn Start are from Yanfly's YEP_BattleEngineCore plugin.

Edit: Is there a way to chance the thread title? I misnamed Action/Turn Start and wrote Action/Turn Begin by mistake...

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definetly Turn End, with action end battle can become very chaotic.

Scatkat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're right, the choice is situational. For instance my 'Doom' skill gets removed at the Action End, but for things like 'Poison' I prefer Turn End. I find myself using Turn End for most states though.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't use MV, and I don't think I would need Action Start/Turn Start auto-removal timing except when I also move the DoT effect at the start of the turn/action like in Darkest Dungeon. But the action end has its own place. It actually favors the players.

A simple case that action end could have the benefit to the player is when you have an attack buff but that as soon as you get the buff, you get paralyzed for 2 turns. The buff lasts for 4 turns. If you use turn-end, you only get an effective two turns to use the buff.

However, if you use the action end, as long as you haven't act yet (because you get paralyzed) the buff won't go away. If you set it 4 actions, then as long as you have act 4 times, it will expire regardless of how many turns that have passed. It could even go in one turn if that particular actor acts 4 times in a single turn.

That said, I use action end for damage buffing state and turn-end for damage mitigation most of the time.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interesting...are there any situations that would call for Action/Turn Start?

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on the current situation of the game and the actors and enemies and most of the skills, so I can't seem to choose what I prefer.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Turn start and turn end are redundant. You probably better to pick one. And if you pick turn to start, you might as well as move the DoT damage at the beginning of the turn instead of turn end. It gives the choice of "Ignore this enemy, it will just die when the turn starts due to poison damage".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yo Ho Ho... Time flies when you are having rum...

I'm rewatching Glee, just watched grilled cheesus.
Now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or I want to cry.
I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!
Since we have a lot of new faces, please be sure to read the forum rules under the Help tab at the top. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sajumfd