Action Game Maker

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by alennor, May 9, 2018.

1. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Autofire I mean it does specialize in a genre (the name change to pixel game maker was a bit poor if you ask me); it specializes in older sidescroller type of games with action elements or at least that seems to be the intention (hence the original name of action game maker). Like rpg maker though I'm going to assume that it could be warped or used to implement other games (for example rpg maker gives you the basics to make visual novels even if it doesn't have all the dedicated additions used in VN); most of the games being shown with it are the sidescroller style but the steam page also has a pic of a pinball looking game; which is more about the physics aspects of the engine rather than sidescroller elements.

I think the biggest take away one needs to look for from some of these video reviews and consumer feedback is if its doing what the maker series has been known for; making it easy and ready "out of the box" to make the game genre its about. Of course another important element going forward, especially for me personally is dedicated support and a dedicated community; something the rpg maker series has had in spades with degica.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    consolcwby likes this.
  2. Emanzi

Emanzi Ekamu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
  3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    why should they? Degica has nothing to do with pixel game maker.
    Degica is the international distributor for the PC-versions of the RPG-Maker series from Kadokawa.
    Pixel Game Maker is also from Kadokawa, but not distributed by Degica but by another company.

consolcwby likes this.
  4. Emanzi

Emanzi Ekamu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Hmm you mean Degica is not distributing this?

I think I mixed the two up, Kodakawa and Degica.

So I shouldn't expect a banner or anything on this site for pixel game maker...

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No, there won't be one. Degica have absolutely nothing to do with this engine.

6. Emanzi

Emanzi Ekamu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    So is it just steam distributing this? I’m a little bit reluctant to buy with steam ever since I was ripped off when I bought game character hub (the older one) when the new version came out my purchase disappeared. That and internet issues. I hate the fact that there is no standalone version with steam.

No standalone, no buy.

Looks like most things are going cloud, what’s the world comming too?

Anyway I don’t want to stray off topic.

Is there a Windows standalone version of pixel game maker or is it just another steam app.

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How should we answer that question?
    The distributor is Playism, and we have absolutely no idea where Playism publishes their programs, you'll have to ask them (and not steam, steam also can't tell you that).

8. Emanzi

Emanzi Ekamu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Ok, Playism. Got it.

I’m assuming there Japanese. Not sure if they have an English customer service email or something but I’ll try look into it.

Edit: found it
    support@playism.jp