Not open for further replies.

weather00

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im using VE_ElementSet plugin and every time and actor or enemy attacks in battle i keep getting the same error message:

1624554749908.png

this is my current plugin list:

1624554813985.png

i switched off plugins that were working atm so i could solve this problem first.

im using the basic attack on a new game with nothing changed.

sorry i dont know much about scripting i know probably the bare bones at most.

ok so i think by sheer luck and questioning some of my friends who know more about scripting, ive managed to find a solution by replacing the point where a faulty function is called to a better one and everything seems to be working for now, even with my other plugins active too

i guess that was a lot of hassle over something quite simple lol :guffaw:

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i switched off plugins that were working atm so i could solve this problem first.
have you started a new game after this, or did you load a saved (and now incompatible) game?

x "is not a function" usually has two possible causes:
either x is a typo - which means that in one notetag you wrote something that is incorrect - or you are missing a plugin that defines the function x.

for more detailed help we would need the full error trace - you would have to open the console on that error message and give us a screenshot of the full console output instead of this abbreviated error message.

weather00

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i started a new game each time yea

this is what the console in the debugger says:
1624556326273.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananansy