ssunlimited

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I was just wondering what are the best things that can be done on the RM world map? I know I can create actions through events and add an animation and an SE, but what can I do?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, you can do lots of things. What specifically did you have in mind? It would be easier to offer suggestions if you were more specific.

ssunlimited

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just give me some. I can't think of any except to talk to someone, set fire and turn on switches in places like caves.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Copy-pasted from my post #7 in the dungeon puzzle thread: (focus on the out of combat stuff)
I've got several tools at the player's disposal, although no single character will be able to have them all. Think of them as like HMs in Pokemon. There's 1 for each discipline (skill tree).

Archer: Analyze
  • During combat: Increases the target's chance to suffer a Critical Hit by 15% for 4 turns. Also reveals info on the target and adds it to the Catalog. (this is basically a Scan skill)
  • Out of combat: Reveals hidden objects nearby.
Berserker: Crush
  • During combat: Reduces the target’s Armor by an amount equal to half your Strength for 4 turns.
  • Out of combat: Breaks down boulders in the way. (like Rock Smash in Pokemon)
Duelist: Low Cut
  • During combat: Snares the target in place for 1 turn and reduces the target’s Speed by 50% for 3 turns thereafter. (think of this like Improved Hamstring in WoW)
  • Out of combat: Cuts down certain obstacles. (this is basically HM01 in Pokemon)
Guardian: Provoke
  • During combat: Forces enemies to attack the user for 2 turns.
  • Out of combat: Allows for an extra dialogue option in certain situations.
Wind: Buffet
  • During combat: Pushes the target back by 1 tile.
  • Out of combat: Blows away certain obstacles or puts out a flame.
Ice: Freeze
  • During combat: Snares the target in place for 1 turn and applies Chill to the target. (Chill reduces speed by 25% per stack, 4 stacks = completely frozen)
  • Out of combat: Freeze puddles of water. (like in Golden Sun)
Lightning: Flash
  • During combat: Blinds the target for 4 turns. (-50% Hit chance)
  • Out of combat: Lights up dark areas. (exactly like Pokemon's Flash)
Earth: Quicksand
  • During combat: Reduces the target's Speed by 25%, and by another 25% per turn for 3 turns thereafter. (immobilized by 4th turn, then goes away)
  • Out of combat: Can be used to soften certain terrain to reveal hidden items underneath.
Water: Drown/Douse/Drench/Submerge? (need to decide on a name)
  • During combat: Silences the target for 2 turns. Applies Damp to the target for 4 turns.
  • Out of combat: Fills containers with water or puts out a flame.
Fire: Ignite
  • During combat: Burns the target for 3 turns. (DoT)
  • Out of combat: Melts ice or burns certain obstacles. (i.e. use on a torch on the wall)
All these skills are Tier 1 skills. They are the only skills/spells in the game w/ both in combat and out of combat functions.

In addition, players can push objects like boulders as well. (no need for HM04!)

duty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
I always liked hidden areas on world maps that weren't obvious. Like if there's a lone tree in the middle of a field, and stepping over it actually brings you to a traveler's camp, or some other small area to enter and explore.

It gives the player a reason to walk around different areas of the world map, rather than taking the shortest path from one town to the next.

Chocopyro

Just an intermediate leveled adventurer.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-walks up to a random square that triggers an event-

Narration: You find bard nervously performing for three ogres while precariously balancing on a small shaky tower of stacked buckets. What do you do?

1A: Player choice:
-Observe the situation.
-Attack the ogres on sight.
-(Rogue Character) Sneak up and ask through innuendo whether the man needs help.

Observe the situation:
Upon taking the time to figure out what is going on, you start to realize that sitting behind the man is a wagon laden with dark iron bars. A group of famished demi humans in rags sit helplessly, watching the caravan driver's performance with a mix of fear and resentment. (Cleric Character) notices an obscure, esoteric sacrificial mark on the slaves. The caravan driver nearly stumbles, but keeps his balance, as the ogres laugh and clap.

1B: Player Choice:
--(Rogue Character) Stealthily unlock the cage.
--(Fighter) Aim a rock at the buckets and leave the man to his fate.
--Attack the Ogres on Sight.

--Rogue Character Stealthily unlocks the wagon:
While the wagon driver remains stuck performing for the ogres, (Rogue Character) quietly circles the paremeter to the wagon, and silently picks the lock. At first, the Demi humans appear perplexed, but allow hope to take their hearts once the lock pops open and the door swings ajar. The slaver turns to catch (Rogue Character) in the act. He nearly looses his balance when shouting, but the ogres seem provoked by his neglect of their entertainment. One roars that they want him to keep singing, while another demands he start juggling. The slaves filter out, and before they all leave, one signals to (Rogue Character) where a treasure was hidden, Revealing the location of a Treasure Grotto on your map.. (Encounter ends, new icon appears on the map labled "Treasure Grotto".)

--Fighter character aims a rock at the buckets and leave the man to his fate.
(Fighter Character) licks her fingers and holds them up to determine the wind. She lowers down and grips a sturdy stone, then hurls it with great force at the buckets, cascading the crude tower of buckets, and the man with them. The ogres point and laugh at the man, only stopping to notice that he has stopped his performance just to groan and cry. They become angered and offended at this display of weakness. (Fighter Character) reminds everyone that they're in a hurry, and don't have time to sit for roadside performances. (End Scene.)

-Attack the Ogres on Sight
*Triggers battle with the ogres*
The man lets himself down, gleefully thankful for your intervention. Though your eyes are drawn to the bared cave behind him. It's increasingly obvious upon looking at the state of the demihumans that this man is transporting slaves. (Continue to Choice 2A: with added option.)

2A: Player Choice:
-Demand he releases his captives.
--(Only appears if you selected option 3 in choice 1B.) Distract the man while Rogue Character sneaks in to free the slaves.)
-Demand a reward.
-Tell him to be on his way.

-Demand he releases his captives:
The party turns their weapons on the slaver and demand that he relinquish the demi humans in his wagon. After a long and tenuous talk of civil liberties vs profits back and forth, and a second reminder of who maintains the tactical advantage, the slaver finally relents and reluctantly allows the wagon to run free. All the while, shouting to the pantheon his grievances. (Priest Character) reminds the slaver that none of the canonical gods in the pantheon endorse slavery. The man begs for forgiveness. One of the slaves signals for (Main Character) to come over, and marks the location of a Treasure Grotto on your map. A forest patrol to approach. (Main Character) decides to make your party scarce. (Encoutner end. "Treasure Grotto" appears on the map, but the party will be accosted by guards in a future encounter.)

--Distract the man while (Rogue Character) sneaks behind to free the slaves:
Taking advantage of the man's eagerness to express gratitude, (Main Character) decides to sync to his wavelength and gleefully cary on a vibrant and engaging conversation, allowing for (Rogue Character) to sink behind him, and silently picks the lock. At first, the Demi humans appear perplexed, but allow hope to take their hearts once the lock pops open and the door swings ajar. The Slaver doesn't notice the sounds, as (Main Character) got him to start going on about his loyalty to the empire. The slaves filter out behind him without his notice, and before they all leave, one signals to (Rogue Character) where a treasure was hidden, Revealing the location of a Treasure Grotto on your map. A potral of guards shows up, and you explain how you helped the man. He puts in a good word for you to the patrol, and waves you on your way. As you make your exit, you can hear the man yelling obscenities as to how the demi humans managed to escape while he was stuck entertaining the ogres. (Encounter ends, new icon appears on the map labeled "Treasure Grotto".)

-Demand Reward:
(Main Character) cuts the slaver off from his barrage of thanks, and insists upon a reward for the trouble. The slaver nods in agreement and hands (Main Character) all that is in his pocket, insisting that it is but a small price to pay, considering what he will soon make. (Encounter end. Obtain 2000G)

-Tell him to be on his way:
(Main Character) looks over at (Fighter Character) who impatiently signals that they need to be going. (Main Character) nods, then cuts the slaver off and insists that he's welcome and all, but the party is under a time limit, and really should get going to the next destination.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my game Sandstone, much of the game is played on the World Map.

It is filled with various stones you break to progress. So, when you walk up to a stone and click it, SMASH!...there is a small animation and SE and the stone disappears, and sometimes there is more if breaking the stone levels up your hands.

It's a simple concept, but people seem to like smashing the stones! :LZSwink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.
Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr