Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hello~
The last thing I can't overcome is sliders length in action based UI
The tutorial skips over it saying "changing the length of the slider is complex and will not be covered"

The tutorial does say this:
Common Events - Settings Menu Settings Menu Reset Global Data: Resets the global data Update Slider: Controls the behavior of the sliders, will need changing if you change the size of the sliders on option. (this is however not part of this basic guide)
I will appreciate any tutorial how to make sliders longer.

Thank you!

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hello Xand,

if you only want to change the length, assuming you have a custom graphic with the same height and only different width, it should be an easy task todo. You have to edit at two different places: The Settings Menu Scene and the Update Slider common event.

Settings Menu Scene

At the beginning of the scene, a little bit after the image-map, you can see the Picture + Hotspot pairs setup for each slider. If you changed the width of the slider, you have to edit:

- The position of the hotspot, which represents the position of the slider-knob (The button you move with the mouse).
- If you expand the hotspot command, check the "Dragging" section. There you will find a field "Track Rect" you have to change the width of that track rect and maybe even the position. The Track Rect defines the area on screen within the slider-knob can be moved with mouse.

Update Slider Common Event

If you take a look at the second Number Variable command, the value used there is 280 which represents the width of the slider which is just the same width as the slider's track rect. So you have to change that value to match with your new length.

That's it! Let know if that helps you out. I haven't tested that, I just wrote that out of my mind.

Xand

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Thank you! Working perfectly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..
It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPatisserie