ACTIVATION NOT WORKING!

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Faerypixel25, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Faerypixel25

Faerypixel25 Where's Charles Lee!? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, I am at home getting the RPG Maker VX Ace. I go to activate the thing and it said that it can't find a trust relationship. I looked up how to fix it, and it turns out that one of the users, Mako, has made a tutorial on how to fix this. So I go through this tutorial using ALL the "http," protocol proxys in the United States and I keep recieving messages from my computer like "Unable to connect to the remote server," or "the request was aborted: the quest was canceled," OR "The remote server returned an error: (417) Expectation failed." I have no firewall on nor did I ever have a firewall on. Is there a way I can activate it through Firefox instead of Internet Explorer? I have both of these available on my computer. Someone HELP ME PLEASE! ;_;

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Best Chance is to send a ticket to support and wait until you hear from them instead of asking on the forum.

My guess is that something in your windows blocks the secure HTTP-connection - if that isn't a firewall it could very well be the antivirus program you're using (but don't deactivate that, you'll need to set an exeption because without an antivirus, your computer will get infected fast...)

3. Faerypixel25

First Language:
    English
    Thanks trying it now...

4. Renthrak

Renthrak Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Having the same problem. No solutions working so far.

5. Renthrak

Renthrak Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Finally got a response, and was able to manually activate with a registry file. There is apparently no solution for the problem I was having, so a support ticket is the only way.

6. tochumra

tochumra Warper Member

How does that manual registry work? I'm having the same issue as you and tried all the same fixes but, same as for you, nothing works. I am currently waiting on Tech Support for a reply.

7. seita

seita Donn_M Veteran

First Language:
    English
  8. tochumra

tochumra Warper Member

Thank you for the info. I just downloaded VX Ace Lite this week however and am having these issues. I decided to try downloading again after checking out your link, uninstalled it and reinstalled with the newly downloaded program and had the same results as before. Hopefully Tech. Services can help me out.

9. Faerypixel25

First Language:
    English
    Oh, you have VX Ace LITE! Yeah, that maker is especially bad with the whole activation issue. I think it had something to do with the fact that it's not as secure as other makers so your server won't let it activate. I never understood why ISPs' would be the problem...

Here is a wonderful tutorial by Mako on how you can fix it by using a proxy (only http protocol)!

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/229-activation-issues-solved/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  10. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You don't even HAVE to activate Lite, do you? Since it's a free program and all ...

11. tochumra

tochumra Warper Member

I'm not sure why but yes you do have to activate it.

12. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I had that issue with Lite, I finally went with the Steam version and just set my Steam to offline mode so I could use it at home.