ACTIVATION NOT WORKING!

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I am at home getting the RPG Maker VX Ace. I go to activate the thing and it said that it can't find a trust relationship. I looked up how to fix it, and it turns out that one of the users, Mako, has made a tutorial on how to fix this. So I go through this tutorial using ALL the "http," protocol proxys in the United States and I keep recieving messages from my computer like "Unable to connect to the remote server," or "the request was aborted: the quest was canceled," OR "The remote server returned an error: (417) Expectation failed." I have no firewall on nor did I ever have a firewall on. Is there a way I can activate it through Firefox instead of Internet Explorer? I have both of these available on my computer. Someone HELP ME PLEASE! ;_;

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best Chance is to send a ticket to support and wait until you hear from them instead of asking on the forum.

My guess is that something in your windows blocks the secure HTTP-connection - if that isn't a firewall it could very well be the antivirus program you're using (but don't deactivate that, you'll need to set an exeption because without an antivirus, your computer will get infected fast...)

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks trying it now...

Renthrak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having the same problem. No solutions working so far.

Renthrak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finally got a response, and was able to manually activate with a registry file. There is apparently no solution for the problem I was having, so a support ticket is the only way.

tochumra

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
How does that manual registry work? I'm having the same issue as you and tried all the same fixes but, same as for you, nothing works. I am currently waiting on Tech Support for a reply.

tochumra

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

Faerypixel25

Where's Charles Lee!?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, you have VX Ace LITE! Yeah, that maker is especially bad with the whole activation issue. I think it had something to do with the fact that it's not as secure as other makers so your server won't let it activate. I never understood why ISPs' would be the problem...

Here is a wonderful tutorial by Mako on how you can fix it by using a proxy (only http protocol)!

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/229-activation-issues-solved/

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't even HAVE to activate Lite, do you? Since it's a free program and all ...

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had that issue with Lite, I finally went with the Steam version and just set my Steam to offline mode so I could use it at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

have another character sheet! ill probably add some more details before i make my thread for this project
Every time the official RMWeb account makes a post, I think it's @Eliaquim writing it!

It's driving me crazy, but it's also wonderfully hilarious.
// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter