Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am trying to set up a state which immobilises the actor (easy) reduces stats (easy) and also causes the actor on each turn to inflict damage on themself for 3 turns - which is where I come unstuck.

Anyone have any idea how I might achieve this?
Thanks.

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
If it's percentual damage you could create several poison-like states and attach them to the skill that will inflict the other two states, depending on the amount you want lost. It's the way I'd do it, but I'm approaching this from a Non-Ace VX perspective, mind you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you just add slip damage to the state?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz and @Darth Equus I could do a form of slip damage/poison, but the effect I would like to achieve is that this is someone who is mind controlled by an enemy and inflicts damage on themself rather than on an enemy.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Play an event each turn that forces action to use a skill that targets the user with HP damage, on any actor with the state on them?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Milennin I had tried that, here is the event command of the common event (I used a CE because of the need to check each actor to see if they had the state)
1599907080853.png

I know that the state is inflicted because the icon appears on the actor. The skill is HP damage with the scope set to 'User'. However, the 3 turns pass without damage being inflicted. I guess (but do not know) it's because of the lack of a command other than 'Random'.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could it be because you immobilised the actor, so they can't do anything?

I am thinking of something similar to the Confusion state, but there is no option to "attack self". Unfortunately, I really don't have a lot of experience with battle stuff. My solution would be to write a little script that lets you override the target via a note tag :) And I'm happy to have a stab at that for you, if you can't figure out another way of doing it (or maybe you already have a script that might allow it?)

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz I tried not having 'immobile', but then the actor had the full range of battle actions, so could attack an enemy in the usual way, which isn't what I want. They still didn't damage themself.

If you could rustle up a little something that would be wonderful.
Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow. My bed is calling me right now :)

Any chance you could make up a super-basic demo where one of your actors ALWAYS has the necessary state(s)? If you use RTP, you'd just need to send me the data folder.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll send you the dropbox link in a pm.

Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
immobilises the actor
I think this is the issue. So if shaz makes a script to force a move action while the actor is immobilized, I'd totally want that.

In testing I got what you wanted to work but I had to set the state to 'attack an ally' - not 'can not move'.
Then you can use the common event to do your actor checks and force action skill to attack self.
darn it, second test and the actor attacked the ally.
not working then.

Found a script that works

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2 That script requires me to contact the writer if I want to use it in a commercial game, and sadly they haven't been on that site since 2016. I know of no way of getting in touch with them, so it looks like I shan't be able to use it.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
requires me to contact the writer
Thanks for pointing it out. I send a message on the rpgmakercentral forum and got a reply already.
1599924679127.png
I mentioned that another member is wanting the same thing. so I asked if he can update the script terms or give us all permission to use it.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Roninator2 Thank you! I'd better pm Shaz and hope she sees it before she spends any time working on her script.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All good - I just woke up :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Unfortunately, while trying to run an app I needed (curse you, Adobe!), my laptop blacked out, so my data got wiped when I got it repaired. Stuff like facesets are saved in my drive, but my sprites now only exist as screenshots I've taken in the past :kaocry:To be fair, I'm a little relieved, since I've been feeling unsatisfied with the visual style of the character sprites, and I guess I can now revamp them?

after lot's of edits to Mike's attacks (to make it seamless with movement, no EX versions, cost 1-ups), I finally got combo skills to work. had to do a lot moving tho to get the combo list to appear where it is lol. that actually took longer than setting up the moves.
What's kind of amazing is I've been in a developmental rut for the LONGEST time but putting a music mix on of video game soundtracks and specifically hearing the VX Ace music come up and it's nostalgia of me being excited to make my first game has REALLY got me going again!
Finally finished my tiefling!
F222514F-9F32-4B97-88C3-664E8A2134C3.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siantknight1120