- Sep 17, 2021
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Actor based HP/MP/TP Customization (inkl. Gauge colors) v1.0
This plugin lets you completely customize HP / MP / TP Names and Gauges (including colors) for each Actor - independently of it's class.
Everything is effecting both Battle-Menu AND Game-Menu.
Customization is done completely in the Plugin Manager. No notetags are used. Define HP / MP / TP styles independently for as many actors as you want. Choose whether you want to keep standard maker functionality for each single possible customization option. You can combine everything or nothing as you need it.
Customize per Actor:
- Gauge Name (e.g., exchanging HP -> Life)
- Gauge Name Color (e.g., yellow color for the word “Life”)
- Gauge Gradient Color (1 and 2) (e.g., white to yellow color gradient instead of standard blue one)
- Current Value Numbers Color (e.g., yellow color for value of actors current HP instead of standard white)
- Customize these displayed numbers of current HP / MP / TP to change to a customized color if below a certain percentage threshold
- Customize these displayed numbers of current HP / MP / TP to change to a customized color if actor is “dying” (system state if HP < 25 %) or if actor is dead (affects only HP in maker standard and can now affect also MP / TP if you want)
- Configure these numbers to not display at all (e.g. evilness (former MP) without numbers)
- Maximum Value Numbers Color (e.g., blue color for value of actors maximum HP instead of standard white)
- Text commands are supported to change color, size and to support system icons (similar to Text-Messages)
- being able to set the maximum text width to a higher (or smaller) value (system width is fixed to 48). Everything (incl. icons) will be scaled (text will be narrowed and icons shrinked) only if text width exceeds this parameter value.
Changing Color of “divinity” after reaching the customized threshold of 0.8 (80 % of max)
Using Text Commands
How to Use
Just import the plugin and set up everything in the Plugin Manager:
To keep system standard (text / color) for a parameter, just leave it blank.
NOTE: The maker plugin manager is a bit tricky when trying to reset a value to blank that had been set to something before. If you try this on the page where you shall define a number (as for the colors for example) it will fall back to 0 if you delete and confirm. 0 means "white" and not "system standard". You empty the value switching to the "text" tab and delete the value here and confirm with "ok". Then the value is set back to empty.
The plugin should be compatible with Yanfly’s Skill Core. To assure that, this plugin must be placed ABOVE Yanfly’s plugin.
I made a demo project which can be downloaded below.
https://www.st0rmnet.de/downloads/ActorBased_HP_MP_TP_Customization - Example Project.zip
Terms and Credits
You may use this plugin in every rpg maker project, even adult and commercial.
You have to credit ST0RMTiger.
You are not allowed to commercialize the plugin, only your game itself that may use this plugin.
All distributions, modifications etc. of this plugin have to keep the information and license conditions written above.
Background to this plugin
This plugin was born out of this request in this forum: