thecursedcometh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As the title says. Looking for a plugin that will cause an actor to gain a state as soon as any battle starts. It'll be removed after battle, but I need them to regain the state as soon as a battle starts.

Very important: This effect cannot start from the beginning of the game. It needs to be enabled by an event partway through the game.

If someone could point me in the right direction, that'd be a great help!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
If you are triggering your battle trough events, I think you can add the state to an actor through events too:
1594692655951.png
Or maybe inside the troop?
1594692783299.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't you just add the state when you run the event?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim The first solution won't work, as the "battle processing" command in the event encompasses the entire battle- the following line won't run until the battle ends. I think just reversing the order of the two lines could work, though.

Alternatively, for the second approach, if you set the event to run on turn 0, once per battle, it can give someone a state before the first time the player gets control, even if ambushes are involved.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrKaito