Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd like to see a plugin or find a plugin that allows actor types so I can do stuff like extra damage VS anything such as a sword having extra damage against robots or goblins.

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
People often use Yanfly's Auto Passive States for this sort of thing. Make a state that indicates robot or whatever, then passively add it to the appropriate enemies or actors. From there, add another passive state to the sword that has a notetag like this:

<Custom Confirm Effect>
if (target.isStateAffected(RobotStateId) && this.isPhysical() && this.isHpEffect() && value > 0) {
value = Math.floor(value * 1.25);
}
</Custom Confirm Effect>

Replace RobotStateId with the ID number of the passive robot state. The above code assumes you also have Yanfly's Buffs & States Core.

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/

http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/25/yep-50-buffs-states-core/

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You don't need a plugin for this. This can be done through elements. For example, say someone wanted to create a sword called "Dragon Slayer", which does double damage against dragons. You would make an element called 'Anti-Dragon' & give this sword that attack element. Then for every 'Dragon' type enemy in the game, set their element rate for 'Anti-Dragon' to 200%. So just make a 'Anti-???' & give the appropriate weapons/skills this element & give all enemies their respective weaknesses accordingly.

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You don't need a plugin for this. This can be done through elements. For example, say someone wanted to create a sword called "Dragon Slayer", which does double damage against dragons. You would make an element called 'Anti-Dragon' & give this sword that attack element. Then for every 'Dragon' type enemy in the game, set their element rate for 'Anti-Dragon' to 200%. So just make a 'Anti-???' & give the appropriate weapons/skills this element & give all enemies their respective weaknesses accordingly.

(weapon tab)
upload_2019-4-18_20-13-39.png
(enemy tab)
upload_2019-4-18_20-14-28.png

Something like this? Because I don't notice much of a damage difference

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That setup for the weapon and enemy traits are right for this.

Try testing it with something with 0 damage variance, if you hit them without the element for 10, when you hit the weakness it should do 20.

If you are attacking with a skill that has variance, say 20%, that damage for normal hits would be 8-12, and with the element it would be 16-24.

Testing with larger numbers (I prefer using 100 or 1000 as a base) is a sure fire way to really see if its working or not and should be pretty obvious when it does. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!
xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NateThe8