Actor Event Sprites

MikauSchekzen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Plugin Name: Actor Event Sprites

Author: FenrirKnight

License: Free for commercial and non-commercial use, and free to be edited.

Description: Adds options to have events look like actors with comment tags. Can also change the face shown for message boxes to be that

of an actor(or party member). And can change events to look like actors during a conversation.

The reason I made this, despite there being at least one other plugin already of its kind, is because I found that one to be a tad limiting.

It didn't allow me to change the faces for messages dynamically, for example.

Download: Here

GitHub Page: Here

Constructive criticism and bug reports are, of course, welcome.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
um...... can't this already be done with out a plug in?

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
um...... can't this already be done with out a plug in?
Yes, but when your party is not fixed, then you have to make dozens of nested conditions just to check wich character are in the party just to display a simple message with the correct face.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or just multible event pages that only show up when said actor is in or not in party

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
or just multible event pages that only show up when said actor is in or not in party
Exactly. Now do this when you have 20 possible party members and suddenly all event where a member will talk you have at last 20 pages. :D

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have another case where it's relevant: the character's sprite changes and you want their sprite to remain consistent in cutscenes without fiddling with multiple pages for each and every one.

I already did something like that in my own game, except there I rig it to show the correct sprite for the character no matter what just by naming the event "##CHARACTERNAME##" (with the character's name in place of "CHARACTERNAME", of course). Unless the event is hidden, it automatically looks like the actor's current graphic no matter what. (I haven't bothered to share this plugin because the character names are hardcoded - I don't like trying to remember which one is "Actor 17" when I can avoid it - and I'm not in the mood to genericize it.)

But to keep the face graphics consistent, I just do it with Yanfly's Message Core (or, rather, a plugin that hardcodes character names but shows the face graphic through Yanfly's Message Core, per previous complaint about remembering ID numbers). My own game has little need for events that can look like any arbitrary party member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow