Mr_Mime_1983

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I'd appreciate any help with this issue I'm trying to make my custom-made actor's face fit into the chatbox but it's making this weird glitch and I don't know how to fix it here are some included images.

hlep 2.png

I even gave it a 144x144 ratio it's supposed to have.

help 2.png

so thanks in advance any help would be appreciated.

shockra

Bored Code Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The face graphics are actually designed to fit 8 faces: 4 across, 2 vertical. Having just the one graphic means that it will get sliced into a smaller piece. Take the 144x144 graphic you have and add transparent space around it to expand the size to 576x288.

Mr_Mime_1983

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK I found a program called GIMP and resize the image everything works perfectly now thanks a lot for your help @shockra

Last edited:

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's pretty easy to do in GIMP, if you have that. It's free.

If you go to Image > Canvas Size, you can change your dimensions to 576x288. It should by default make the new canvas space transparent.

EDIT: I don't know why the previous comment didn't show up until after I posted haha

Last edited:

Mr_Mime_1983

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, @tumsterfest I found that program shortly after my Last Post and was able to fix it you guys are so helpful on this site.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^
Creating Some art for a fighter game.

Finally was able to record the rest of the game demo! I added some edits here and there, this is why it takes me so long to do stuff cuz I find a problem and have to fix it asap. x.x
Game: https://dj990j.itch.io/region-of-mythos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleezyretro