Not open for further replies.

Inuyasha36c

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the actor doesn't move left, and doesn't turn, but everything else goes okay?

Can you move around after the cutscene is over? If not, check the top left B tile in the tileset and make sure its passage setting is a star. If it's an X, you won't be able to move anywhere on the map, so the first move route (move left, turn left) won't happen.
no I'm still working on that the main actor needs to be on a different spot and the second fight scene happens too early and after the fight the text loops infinitly

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You didn't understand why shaz asked.
Something blocks your player movement. You need to find out what that something is.

One option is that the map might be impassable there, and that is why shaz asked if you can move manually after the cutscene.
So simply disable the entire event and try to move manually to that spot to see if the passability is OK.

If passibility is OK, then there are only two other options what can block: either you have an other event that also sends a move route command at the player, effectively deleting this move route before it can be processed.
Or you have a plugin that modifies how the engine works here, for example one of those that stop player movement on a switch or so.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It almost sounds like you have another event that's running.

Alisu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You said he turns right, not left. In your original post you said you were trying to make him move left, then turn left (which would have him facing downwards). In your code you use "turn 90 degrees right" which, well, turns him to face upwards. Either use turns 90 degrees left, or make it that he walks left, then use "turn down" which would make him face downwards.

Inuyasha36c

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i see kinda where you all are going but the plugin you said might have something to look at again. If it not that then there might be another event hidden running if that's the case then i just might erase all events on the map and start that map anew again. Alisu i have been trying all movement that why the 90 deg command is there but it as if anything that make the actor turn are being ignored. And as for the passability you gave me something to see and think about.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What's with the switch 5 at the start of the event? What does that do? It better not activate another event, as that event will not run until after this event completes due to you using autorun.

Inuyasha36c

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
switch 5 is for the next event on the map since it was on switch 4, the auto run was to start the first event on the map, that's just how I learned to use MV. also Thanks to everyone I found out what made the actor move that way it was a old event hidden in the darker colors on the map. it had the same event switches' that clashed with the new one. so now I can move after all events and my actor is moving and facing the way he's supposed to. now i just have to work on the sprites
THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

ps: how do you close the thread???

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you report your first post and ask the mods to close it

Make sure you give your switches and variables meaningful names as soon as you use them, or you'll run into this problem a lot.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MechaWitch