actor get buff upon other actor dies

menden

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
as the title says i want a buff for actor when another dies as form of bonus in battle.i tried give actor alive the state with common events but i couldn't work out.also plugin from Chronosv2 but just a single event to just one actor works.what would be nice if someone could show me examples how could i work it out with common events in troops section or a plugin which may run various death common events at once if more than one actor dies.

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, I can't even begin to understand what you're saying. All I can gather from it is that you want a state to be applied to a certain(?) actor in battle, and also something about a plugin. If English isn't your first language, I can empathize to a certain extent, though given that your spelling of words is rather good, I'm assuming it is, indeed, a language you are well versed in.

Please reiterate what you want to happen, take a moment to calmly explain what you want, please link to the plugin that you are using, and remember that the best way to get help from someone is to explain, in as much detail as possible, what it is you need done. I stress this because it is important.

As a side note, part of why I can barely understand what you've typed is that I hear written words as if they were spoken, it's part of how I read. It all sounded like a jumble of words to me.

Fugama

Means well, but messes up sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fake English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you use Yanfly's buffs & states plugin? If so I can write you a code that aplies the buff to your ally(s) 

also

1.) Do you want it so the actor needs a specific state to get the buff?

2.) Is it only one specific actor that gets the buff?

3.) Did you want the buff to stack every time an ally dies?

Syltti

Devout Follower of Yuri
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, I can't even begin to understand what you're saying. All I can gather from it is that you want a state to be applied to a certain(?) actor in battle, and also something about a plugin. If English isn't your first language, I can empathize to a certain extent, though given that your spelling of words is rather good, I'm assuming it is, indeed, a language you are well versed in.

Please reiterate what you want to happen, take a moment to calmly explain what you want, please link to the plugin that you are using, and remember that the best way to get help from someone is to explain, in as much detail as possible, what it is you need done. I stress this because it is important.

As a side note, part of why I can barely understand what you've typed is that I hear written words as if they were spoken, it's part of how I read. It all sounded like a jumble of words to me.

I believe menden is talking about an actor receiving a buff when an ally dies, sort of like an enrage. Sort of like this; Actors 1, 2, and three are in a battle. Actor 2 dies which causes Actor 1 to get a buff (let's say an attack buff). Actor 3 then dies causing Actor 1 to get another buff (defense). They want to know if this can be done through plugins or if common events can do it (which they can, it's just really tedious).

@menden This is something you'll be looking at: Conditional example.

It'd make things easier to limit the number of allies that cause the main actor to be buffed to specific actors so your conditional branches don't get on for years. Just makes things a bit cleaner. You can also do this with force actions like this:

◆Plugin Command:GabFaceName Elena-2
◆Plugin Command:GabFaceIndex 5
◆Plugin Command:GabText If I'm going to be defeated like this...
◆Plugin Command:ShowGab
◆Change State:Elena, + Mana Overflow
◆Wait:60 frames
◆Plugin Command:GabFaceIndex 6
◆Plugin Command:GabText Then I'm going to take you down with me!!
◆Plugin Command:WaitForGab
◆Wait:60 frames
◆Plugin Command:GabFaceIndex 6
◆Plugin Command:GabText RADIANT BLAAAAADE!!
◆Force Action:Elena, Radiant Blade, Last Target
◆Plugin Command:GabFaceIndex 5
◆Plugin Command:GabText I'm sorry... Master...
◆Plugin Command:WaitForGab
◆Change Party Member:Remove Elena
◆Control Switches:#0014 Elena = OFF
◆Exit Event Processing

If you have Yanfly's GabWindow plugin, you can have either the actor who dies or the actor who gets buffed say something when it happens and use Force Action to show an animation instead of buffs simply being applied like with the conditional example I put above. (You could also use Force Action in the conditional.) The "Exit Event Processing" is there cause I have this set to happen the moment it happens in battle. Without it the game will hang.

Last edited by a moderator:

menden

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
ty for the replies.the issue it seems that just one common event  run per time even if you make more than just one by defaut?i managed to work it out with Hime plugin HIME_CommonEventQueue along with Cv2_DeathCommonEvent by chronosv2.pls close this topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.
Therapist: any questions? Me: Yeah, are there actually people who think Hotel California is about drugs and not fame or are people just trying to upset me?
Therapist: They WHAT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
souldoood