Actor images and custom game over scenes

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by BreakerZero, Jul 22, 2019.

1. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    One thing I have noticed in MV that is bothering me is that with certain plugins (in this case Hime Gameover Events) where the player is transported to the map for the custom scene the sprites are still visible until the event for the custom scene is activated. This is generally not acceptable visual behavior (if you get a game over you probably don't want them standing in the upper left corner until your custom message/action fires off) so if there's any way to intercept this and black out the screen (or at the very least do a temporary image change to black out the sprites) it would be appreciated.

2. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone got answers for this? (And in case it helps, I'm specifically referring to the top view sprites.)

3. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The quickest workaround would be to just cover them up with a map layer or doodad.

caethyril likes this.
  4. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Beyond some kind of control switch or whatever to switch sprites (as was my first preference) I guess that's easier than anything. Big thanks for that one!

Also, if anyone knows a thing or two about battle result manipulation for an asset-free alternative you can still provide input (provided something like that can be worked out, otherwise this method will do it for me).