Aphotic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For my game, characters that aren't the main character will be available at varying intervals and in varying capacities. As such, I want these "follower" characters to be as lightweight as possible. You won't be able to change their equipment, and they each just have a very small host of skills unique to them.

I'm wondering what the best way would be to set the level of actors that aren't the primary actor to always be one below them.

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When they join the party, set their level one below the main character and make their experience curve the same as the main character to make sure they level up at the same time. Or is that not enough? (I use VX Ace, but I guess the mechanics are the same)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To do what NoPatience suggests, you will need to save the main character's level to a variable in the event where the new party member joins. Thats:
Control variable > Game Data > Character (Player) Level
Add new member
Select change level, then select variable.

Because the new member will already be at level one, this means that when you've done that they are one level higher than the main character.
You therefore have to use the Change Level command again to reduce the level by one or more.

Aphotic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When they join the party, set their level one below the main character and make their experience curve the same as the main character to make sure they level up at the same time. Or is that not enough? (I use VX Ace, but I guess the mechanics are the same)
I feel silly, haha. I was gonna reply that I wanted to be able to freely switch out followers at will, but then I realized I could just handle this check through a common event and use it any time the party is changed. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INKYLIKE