Status
Not open for further replies.

teamupandgosolo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I am very new to the RPG Maker scene and I have a very small problem. For some reason using Yanfly Adjust Limits is not working for me. I have placed it in scripts in the correct location, and added the note tags below into the actors note box. I also changed the max level in the script to 9999, so any help? If you need more info let me know. I imagine this is a simple fix. 

<initial level: 1000>

<max level: 9999>

Edit: Sorry if this might have belonged in the scripting forums. I was not sure exactly which.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please supply a link to the script you're using, so someone can help you without having to go searching for it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
make sure you test using a fresh start, not a saved file

btw, try putting 99 as max level on the actor note tag since the script says

"LEVEL_MAX = x  # Sets max level to x for those with 99 level limit."

teamupandgosolo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the advice Adiktuzmiko. I actually just figured it out. Turns out I am not just stupid! It was a problem with Yanfly's script. I had to change "INI_LEVEL to INITIAL_LEVEL and ini_level to initial_level" at a couple of different points in the script. Works fine now! Hopefully this can help anyone else out having the same problem.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you SURE you've done the right thing there? Looking at that script, I don't see why it wouldn't work using INI_LEVEL and ini_level. Sure you haven't changed something else and messed it up yourself?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
looking at the script, there's really no difference... but the thing is that there is...

apparently, the game uses initial_level but yanfly used ini_level...

The reason the initial level for actors doesn’t work is that in the script it uses “INI_LEVEL” and @ini_level whereas the default is actually initial_level. I changed all instances in Yanfly’s script to initial_level and it worked fine.

teamupandgosolo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup, I was not sure why this was the fix, but adiktuzmiko's explanation seems correct to me. I saw several people mention in the comments on the script page that this was the fix. That is how I actually found it out.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xedalni