First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Name: Actor Portraits in Battle

Version: 1.1a

Author: Mr. Trivel

Created: 2016-01-18

What does it do?

Shows Actor's portraits/battlers in battle.

Video:

How to use?

Put actor images into img\system folder named "Actor#.png" where # is Actor's ID.

Example: 

Actor5.png

Actor133.png

And you're good to go.

Plugin: <Link: Github>

How to download Script. Click the link above, there will be a button named Raw, press Right Click -> Save As.

Terms of Use:
Don't remove the header or claim that you wrote this plugin.
Credit Mr. Trivel if using this plugin in your project.
Free for commercial and non-commercial projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not able to test at the moment, but where does the damage popup appear on the battle status for the actors?

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not able to test at the moment, but where does the damage popup appear on the battle status for the actors?
I've actually had odd issues with damage... I can either get the attacks to connect, but not look as if they actually damaged the character... also having a popup appear in a weird spot.

Or... they look as though they've been damaged, the screen shakes, but there's no enemy animation. This one usually occurs if I turn off most of my plugins. While the first happens if placed below Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and above the Battle Status Window.

EDIT: It seems the only issue I'm having now is NO animations showing up for the characters, whether they are hit or doing a skill to themselves/allies. actually i'm also noticing no damage popups for the characters... weird.

OOPS... I realized it's NOT supposed to show animations. that was Yanfly's battle core... which I forgot was turned off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Cool script! Been looking for an actor battler plugin like this!

One question though, is it possible to have a different naming scheme for the battlers? The current method only allows one battler per actor, which is bad for costume changes, time skips, transformations, etc. Like, maybe have the battler match the name of a sprite? Just an idea.

Well, that would need to accommodate the 8 different sprites per spritesheet AND 1 sprite per spritesheet thing.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you change the align of command text to be on left instead of being centralized?

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Is there a way to get animations to show up on the actors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.
Amazing. I had seen it more than 10 years ago, but seeing Monster this year was an incredible experience. It was certainly one of the best endings I've ever seen in anime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onpeex