RePeat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was doing some test fights with my main character with a new special attack and I noticed that he was rarely ever affected by poison, despite the skill having a drawback that poisons him. Then I made a troop event that triggers literally every turn with the sole purpose of poisoning my MC, but the game doesn't seem to acknowledge it at all. The enemy uses poisonous attacks as well, but either nothing happens or I get a "it has no effect" line on rare occasion.

Anyone have an ide what could cause it? Are there any stats that affect if poisoning is successful?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Luck can affect state chance, but the difference has to be quite large to have much of an effect. How does the special attack poison him? Considering how nothing seems to be poisoning him, is there ANYTHING in the game that can make him immune to poison?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how is the poison being applied from enemies?
is it just skill effects: poison% or is it attack state: poison traits.
cant tell you how many times ive seen attack traits being used wrong or just expecting it to do something even when the skills being used dont have "normal attack" effect/element.

is there anything on actor/class or equipment that changes state rate?
ive seen people change state/element rates thinking 0 was default and 100% was better resistance and then wondering why they could only do 1 damage (that was a lol to sort out cus never mentioned changing rates and took 3 days to get 1 screenshot out of them, then knew instantly.)

RePeat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for both of you, appreciate the help.
is there anything on actor/class or equipment that changes state rate?
Yes, there is!! Gosh, I completely forgot to change the MCs armor in the test battle. He wore the one piece of equipment in my entire game that grants complete immunity to poison... Not sure why I even made that

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for both of you, appreciate the help.

Yes, there is!! Gosh, I completely forgot to change the MCs armor in the test battle. He wore the one piece of equipment in my entire game that grants complete immunity to poison... Not sure why I even made that
I can't tell you how many times I've had that happen to me XD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eungi