RePeat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was doing some test fights with my main character with a new special attack and I noticed that he was rarely ever affected by poison, despite the skill having a drawback that poisons him. Then I made a troop event that triggers literally every turn with the sole purpose of poisoning my MC, but the game doesn't seem to acknowledge it at all. The enemy uses poisonous attacks as well, but either nothing happens or I get a "it has no effect" line on rare occasion.

Anyone have an ide what could cause it? Are there any stats that affect if poisoning is successful?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Luck can affect state chance, but the difference has to be quite large to have much of an effect. How does the special attack poison him? Considering how nothing seems to be poisoning him, is there ANYTHING in the game that can make him immune to poison?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how is the poison being applied from enemies?
is it just skill effects: poison% or is it attack state: poison traits.
cant tell you how many times ive seen attack traits being used wrong or just expecting it to do something even when the skills being used dont have "normal attack" effect/element.

is there anything on actor/class or equipment that changes state rate?
ive seen people change state/element rates thinking 0 was default and 100% was better resistance and then wondering why they could only do 1 damage (that was a lol to sort out cus never mentioned changing rates and took 3 days to get 1 screenshot out of them, then knew instantly.)

RePeat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for both of you, appreciate the help.
is there anything on actor/class or equipment that changes state rate?
Yes, there is!! Gosh, I completely forgot to change the MCs armor in the test battle. He wore the one piece of equipment in my entire game that grants complete immunity to poison... Not sure why I even made that

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for both of you, appreciate the help.

Yes, there is!! Gosh, I completely forgot to change the MCs armor in the test battle. He wore the one piece of equipment in my entire game that grants complete immunity to poison... Not sure why I even made that
I can't tell you how many times I've had that happen to me XD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlakeVit