Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Based on Shaz's script call, but I didn't want to use variables so I came up with this:

$gameActors.actor(1).setName($gameActors.actor(3))

1 is actor 1, 3 is actor 3.

I want actor 3 to have the same name as actor 1, but actor 3 gets named "Object object" when I use the script call.

I don't want to use variables because the player will input the actor's name, which I want another actor to also have for later in the game.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're setting one actor's name to the entire actor object of the other. Try setting it to $gameActors.actor(3).name() instead.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're setting one actor's name to the entire actor object of the other. Try setting it to $gameActors.actor(3).name() instead.
Thank you, it worked!

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want actor 3 to have actor 1 name, it should be writed like this:
$gameActors.actor(3).setName($gameActors.actor(1).name());

edit: Oh! Already answered..!

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here managed to never burn out on programming? My current limit is 3 months(6-8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 50 hour programming week on average), and then I just have to take a break, sometimes lasting few days(with at most 2 hours on programming per day). I've been always like this so far, so I admire those who can always be so passionate on programming :)
This is starting to become a momochi collection y'all!
Meet Swefo The candy Eater!

Hide your candy... I or I sweefe sweefefooo~~~
Automatic level scaling without an option to turn it off can be a very bad choice for a game. The worst I've ever seen was in Nightmare of Druaga, where if a power outage made your system turn off, the game detects it as an attempted cheat and overwrites your save while taking away your best gear, leaving you unable to progress at the late stages of the game, and unable to recover.
Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GenAlFateh