Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heyo. I'll get straight to the point.

If you have played games like Tales of Symphonia, you'll notice that each event can be slightly altered, whether movement or action or dialogue, based upon the party member leader.

I want to make actor-dependent events where people say different things depending on who is the party member leader, but things seem to be going wrong.

Forgive the big image, but this is what I have as of now in the events of my content:

However, when I guide the player towards this event, nothing seems happens for some reason. But when I put this variable number equal to 1, 2, or 3, it begins to wrok.

Do I need to put a variable number on the actor? If so, how can I do this? Is there a script for it?

Thank you in advance.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should work, if actor 1 is the party leader.

The only reason I can think that this would NOT work is if you're using one of the party scripts (Yanfly's?) that doesn't shuffle everyone to fill up the space - meaning if they go into position 2 when they join, and you then remove the actor in position 1, the other stays in position 2.

In case there's any confusion, 'below characters' and 'player touch' will only cause the event to trigger when you walk ONTO it, not when you are a tile away and facing it. I think you already realise that though, as you do say it works in some cases. So I'm going with the party script until you say you're not using one :)

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It should work, if actor 1 is the party leader.

The only reason I can think that this would NOT work is if you're using one of the party scripts (Yanfly's?) that doesn't shuffle everyone to fill up the space - meaning if they go into position 2 when they join, and you then remove the actor in position 1, the other stays in position 2.

In case there's any confusion, 'below characters' and 'player touch' will only cause the event to trigger when you walk ONTO it, not when you are a tile away and facing it. I think you already realise that though, as you do say it works in some cases. So I'm going with the party script until you say you're not using one :)
Even when I do set it the event to "same as characters" nothing happens. It will simply turn to me for as long as I have the down button keyboard on it, or whatever it used to touch the event.

Also, nope, sadly. I'm not using any Yanfly scripts of the sort, unless I am wrong.

Here are the scripts I have, if you want to see:

blackmorning - Basic Status

Xail System - Icon Equip

RETCON - Library Journal Version

Tsukihime - Map Screenshot

Galv - Keypad INput

Rei - Explosion Blur Effect

Z3R - Pause Screen

Neon - Display rounding fix

Yami Script Ace - Anti-Lag Event

Yanfly Engine Ace - Message System

Yanfly Engine Ace - Battle Engine

Yanfly Engine Ace - Item Menu

Yanfly Engine Ace - Enemy Target Info

Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Equip Engine

Enu's Sideview Battle System

Galv's Menu Themes Engine

Killozapit - Cache Back (Basically the Menu Themes)

Galv - Character Effects 1.9

Galv - Visual Novel Choices

KSM - Skill Level

YEA - Pop Message

YEA - Basic Module

YEA - Event Window

Neon Black - Victory Ranking Script

MOG Hunter - Boss HP Meter

MOG Hunter - Animated Title A

MOG Hunter -  Scene File A

MOG Hunter - Enemy HP

MOG Hunter - Event Text

MOG Hunter - Anti-Animation Lag

MOG Hunter - Weather_EX

Rhyme - Smooth Scrolling

Tsukihime - Weather In Fight

Victor Engine - Basic Module

Prexus Ace - Character Shadow

Victor Engine - Fog Effect

And the font script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mmm ... there aren't any in there that look suspicious to me.

After the Control Variables command and before the first Conditional Branch, can you add a Show Text with \V[6] so it will tell you who IT thinks is the party leader?

If that doesn't show you what's wrong, can you give a screenshot of your menu screen showing the actor lineup, and one of your Actors tab?

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
mmm ... there aren't any in there that look suspicious to me.

After the Control Variables command and before the first Conditional Branch, can you add a Show Text with \V[6] so it will tell you who IT thinks is the party leader?

If that doesn't show you what's wrong, can you give a screenshot of your menu screen showing the actor lineup, and one of your Actors tab?
And in-game:

This right there, gave the solution to my problem. superfacepalm

Yep, I found the problem. That right there clearly explained what my problem was lol.

Basically, I set the variables equal to 1, 2, and 3, but the party members numbers were actually 9, 11, and 12.

Thank you so much! I've been frustrated on this shizzam for God knows how long. (Hours. xD) 

You're a global moderator, I believe? You can shut this topic down now since it's solved.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahaha! Gotta love it :)

I believe we don't actually shut topics anymore. I'll just put the "mark solved" on my answer, and I think there may be some automated process that'll shut it down in a couple of weeks (we leave them open now in case others have more to add, or the initial problem turns out not to be solved, so people don't have to ask us to reopen them)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaton