Actor Starting Position WILL NOT CHANGE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thadeus_Pole

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, all. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place! So here's my issue...

For some very odd reason, that I cannot put my finger on, when I change my starting position for my actor and test play it, it does not start me where I place my starting position. No matter where I place my starting position even on a different map, it ALWAYS starts me at my opening scene (scrolling text atm), actor set on transparent (even if I uncheck this in the database) and forces me to go through basically the whole game. Making it VERY difficult to test play. Changes that I make in the game DO show though. Here's a list of my plugins,
Sorry. Don't know how to make a spoiler tagpluginlist.png

Any ideas as to why on earth this would be happening? I did try to reinstall Rpg Maker MV and it didn't change anything. Furthermore, when I go to a different project, I have no issues. Only thing that I have changes system-wise is the vehicle speed.

~Thanks!
Thadeus Pole

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please check if you have an folder www inside your project folder.

if yes, you made the mistake of deploying into your project folder - that overwrites the packages.json with one that is for deployment only, redirecting the playtest to the deployed version inside the www folder and completely ignoring all changes done in the editor after deployment.

if that is the case, you can repair your project in the following way:
1) delete the www folder (if needed, you have to deploy to a different output folder to get it again
2) copy the packages.json file from an intact project (or a new project) into the damaged project

EDIT:
and your yanfly plugins are in the wrong order, that can cause any error. please reorder them according to the list on yanfly's website

Thadeus_Pole

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please check if you have an folder www inside your project folder.

if yes, you made the mistake of deploying into your project folder - that overwrites the packages.json with one that is for deployment only, redirecting the playtest to the deployed version inside the www folder and completely ignoring all changes done in the editor after deployment.

if that is the case, you can repair your project in the following way:
1) delete the www folder (if needed, you have to deploy to a different output folder to get it again
2) copy the packages.json file from an intact project (or a new project) into the damaged project
That is EXACTLY what happened! I should've thought of that! Thank you so much. Solved

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Thadeus_Pole please read my edit above, that will cause other errors in your project if not corrected

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser
wake me up when Photoshop stop crashing everytime
Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamerchix