Actor swap/summon implementation help

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by glokplopit, Nov 21, 2015.

1. glokplopit

glokplopit Villager Member

Hello! I am trying to figure out a way to have a character that can morph back and forth to a different character but also gain skills for each mode when leveling up.

For example, let's say I have an actor who is a  werewolf I was wondering if there is a way to make a command for him to morph into it visually but also in terms of his stats (so kind of like summoning the werewolf). Ideally he would be able to do this on or off the battle (so for example in the main map he could access various areas only in werewolf mode).

He would have different skills in werewolf mode and then could change back, but I also want the werewolf mode to be able to level-up with him so that he could gain new skills for werewolf mode by leveling up...is this sort of thing possible? Thanks!

2. skyshadow235

skyshadow235 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure if this would work in battle, but for my game I made a class change system with custom sprites for each character's class. I made it so when the new class is invoked the character changes all sprites and becomes the new class. This was done with a series of common events but can be done with 1 common event if needed.

[​IMG]
    Something like this ^ might help, but I haven't attempted to do this in a battle.

Edit: I just checked my own class change system and indeed it does work in battle. Just make sure the -HP portion doesn't induce the death state.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  3. nerdypants

nerdypants Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Singlish
    hey skyshadow,

so in a way i can create stances using your code/method?

like maybe:

attack stance = 1 chacacterAAA created with attacking skills

defense stance = 1 characterAAA created with defending skills

and in battle i can swap around.

am i right?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  4. skyshadow235

First Language:
    English
    Technically yes, but remember that you are only changing the character's class not the actual character himself. The main change in using my method is that the sprites of the character change as well.

5. glokplopit

I really like this idea, but for some reason when I am trying to do it his skills are the same as before. I've made a 'werewolf' class type and just added a skill for now of 'bite' and another to turn back. When I use the common event it will change his image and his class name but the skills he had remain from the previous class so that 'bite' does not show up, but the old things show up (like the skill to turn into a werewolf does, but he can't turn back). 

6. skyshadow235

First Language:
    English
    That's strange... it works fine when I try it. Did you make sure to add the code to change the character's class too? also Did you ensure the new class doesn't state the old skill types for it or have the old skills listed for itself? try to link a picture maybe something is missing that you didn't notice.

7. glokplopit

Ok, I got it to work now! I had the old "skill type" under traits and also I was adding the new skills under "skills to learn" area which didn't work but when I put them under the class "traits" part it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help! :)