Actor Turn Indicator in Battle

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Yoraee, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Yoraee

Yoraee Veteran Veteran

Hi everyone

I'm trying to figure out a way to have a visual indicator of my side view actors' turns. For example, I would like to have the actor with the current turn's sprite glow or display an overlay animation to indicate its their turn during command selection.

I did some research and found two lines of script which may help:

BattleManager.actor.id

and BattleManager.isinputting()

I'm thinking of running a check for these at the beginning of every turn, and if  true to inflict a "current turn" state on the actor, where the state has an overlay animation. However, I can't figure out how to implement this. I suspect I am not using correct syntax. Any helps/hints would be appreciated!

2. Dalamar

Dalamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yoraee likes this.
  3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog

By default, you select commands for all actors before the turn begins, so if your battle system allows you to individualize actor turns and select commands right only when it's their turn it means you're not using the default system. So to do what you want, we need to know which battle system you are using

Yoraee likes this.
  4. Yoraee

Yoraee Veteran Veteran

@Dalamar Thank you for the links.  I will check these out and report back!

EDIT: Sadly both plugins do not provide the effect I need. While they both display actor portraits, they do not add an effect to the actors themselves (like a blinking effect or a selection box). I should also note that I am using Side View Battles.

@Engr. Adiktuzmiko I misused terminology again, sorry! I am using the default battle system. What I meant by "actor with the current turn" was when the actor is at the command selection phase for that particular turn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  5. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I see, hmmmmm... that should be pretty easy to add the overlay via plugin especially if ur using only the base system.. sadly I'm not on my comp and my knowledge of JavaScript isn't yet on the level that I can make something without testing it on the editor itself. XD

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  6. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  7. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Actually, that's for target selection...

The OP wants cursor for the actor that is selecting the action..

8. Yoraee

Yoraee Veteran Veteran

Bumping this as I have yet to find a solution :(