Actor Turn Indicator in Battle

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone

I'm trying to figure out a way to have a visual indicator of my side view actors' turns. For example, I would like to have the actor with the current turn's sprite glow or display an overlay animation to indicate its their turn during command selection.

I did some research and found two lines of script which may help:

BattleManager.actor.id

and BattleManager.isinputting()

I'm thinking of running a check for these at the beginning of every turn, and if  true to inflict a "current turn" state on the actor, where the state has an overlay animation. However, I can't figure out how to implement this. I suspect I am not using correct syntax. Any helps/hints would be appreciated!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to have the actor with the current turn's sprite glow or display an overlay animation to indicate its their turn during command selection.

I'm thinking of running a check for these at the beginning of every turn, and if  true to inflict a "current turn" state on the actor, where the state has an overlay animation

By default, you select commands for all actors before the turn begins, so if your battle system allows you to individualize actor turns and select commands right only when it's their turn it means you're not using the default system. So to do what you want, we need to know which battle system you are using

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Dalamar Thank you for the links.  I will check these out and report back!

EDIT: Sadly both plugins do not provide the effect I need. While they both display actor portraits, they do not add an effect to the actors themselves (like a blinking effect or a selection box). I should also note that I am using Side View Battles.

@Engr. Adiktuzmiko I misused terminology again, sorry! I am using the default battle system. What I meant by "actor with the current turn" was when the actor is at the command selection phase for that particular turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see, hmmmmm... that should be pretty easy to add the overlay via plugin especially if ur using only the base system.. sadly I'm not on my comp and my knowledge of JavaScript isn't yet on the level that I can make something without testing it on the editor itself. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, that's for target selection...

This plugin allows you to set custom cursors when selecting allies and/or enemies for targeting while in battle. This is to help with better visual cues when picking a target if the flashing battler isn’t enough.

The OP wants cursor for the actor that is selecting the action..

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Bumping this as I have yet to find a solution :(

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not sure you still care...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:
I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.
Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartcurt