Actor v Actor battling plugin?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SKGaming, Jan 26, 2016.

1. SKGaming

SKGaming The Hidden Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure which board this should go under, so that's why it's here.

In the current project I'm working on (using RPGMMV), I need to be able to do a turf-war style battle between sets of actors. You'll only be able to control YOUR side. I have no experience with JavaScript, and I have browsed the RMMV plugin boards, but I have not found it yet.

If a plugin such as this has been made and submitted already, I would greatly appreciate someone linking this to me.

If one has not been made and submitted yet, I would ask that someone please do so, because I have no experience with JS.

Thank  you for your time.

2. beenbaba

beenbaba Slowly getting there Veteran

First Language:
    English
    EDITED: What do you mean by turf war?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Game Mechanics Design is for discussion and feedback on game mechanics.  NO "how do I ..." questions should ever go in here.

No idea what "turf war" means.  If you need to reference a game to explain something, and you only say "like game XYZ", then only the people who have played "game XYZ" will be able to help you.  ALWAYS explain what you mean.

I am guessing that, if you only need to be able to control your side, you are asking how to battle actors as enemies?  You don't even need a plugin for that.  Just create enemies to represent each of the actors you want to battle, and then set up the troops accordingly.  Your actor doesn't have to become an enemy - you just need an enemy that looks like your actor.

If this is not what you want, then you need to give a better explanation.  At that time the thread might need to be moved to JS Plugin Requests (which is where it should have gone in the first place, based on your "is there a plugin to do this" question.

4. SKGaming

SKGaming The Hidden Member

First Language:
    English
    What I mean is this: I want to be able to have actors fighting actors. When you enter the battlefield, you'll see your party's battle sprites, and you'll see the other party's battle sprites on the other side of the field.