vitti2801

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.

After events, when i am able to move my actor again, the move animation is gone and the actor is just hovering overthe floor, not walking anymore. googled it and no other people seem to have my problem, at least no one postet about it. thank you in advance.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That means you turned Stepping Animation OFF somewhere in your events. Turn it back on with an event.

vitti2801

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Checked all my events, deactivated Stepping Animation in none of them, but turning animation on worked like a charm, Thank you!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would have turned it off somewhere. It doesn't just turn off by itself, and if it's the player, it's on by default at the start.

vitti2801

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would have turned it off somewhere. It doesn't just turn off by itself, and if it's the player, it's on by default at the start.
You were right Shaz. I checked all events again and in a sequence i've made, a "move animation off" crept in. Still new to RPG Maker MV and feeling like an idiot, to need a thread for such a simple problem to solve, didnt know i could put a "move animation on" just somewhere in an event, thought it must be stricktly on and off in the same event so i searched everything for the wrong entry, insteat of just putting "animation on" just somewhere between...
thanks again, case closed.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to clarify, re-reading this thread ... there are two different animations. One is Walking Animation, and the other is Stepping Animation. We were referring to Stepping Animation above, but we should have been talking about Walking Animation. Walking Animation is what you see when the character is moving from one tile to another. Stepping Animation is what you see when the character is standing still. With Stepping Animation on, a still character is still animating (such as a slime, a butterfly, or a column of smoke coming out of a chimney). With it off, there is no movement at all (such as an NPC standing still). With Walking Animation on, you only see the animation when the character is moving (such as the player and any NPC). With it off, there is no animation while moving - the character slides along. And so ends my summary of the difference between walking and stepping animation, and so much more than you actually wanted to know :D

Don't feel bad having to ask "simple" questions. They've been asked before, and there are probably others who want to know the same thing and are afraid to ask.

Once you've received an answer to your question and you don't need any further help, just report your first post in the thread and let the mods know, and they'll close the thread for you.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP