Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Actors Friendship System v2.08
by Moogle_X

Introduction
This plugin adds friendship mechanic between the main actor and other actors of your choice. Each actor has their own friendship value that can be increased or decreased multiple ways. As the friendship value grows, that actor's friendship level may level up. You can set some skills to be automatically learned at certain friendship level.

There is also the option to store certain actor's friendship value or friendship level into in-game variable. You can then use that variable's value as a conditional trigger for new event, etc.

Actor's friendship value can be viewed in custom scene. You can access it from the main menu or simply by using plugin command.

Features
- Use plugin command to increase/decrease actor's friendship value.
- Items and skills used by the Main Actor can increase/decrease other actor's friendship value.

- View actor's friendship value in custom scene.
- Learn new skills by increasing friendship level.

- Easily change in-game variables using plugin command.

- Run any common event at specific Friendship Level.

Screenshots

Spoiler

How to Use
Install the plugin using plugin manager and edit the plugin configurations (there are plenty). Read the help file for more info on notetags and plugin commands.

UPDATE! Version 2.0 "Multiple Leaders"

Spoiler

Now the plugin supports Multiple Leaders. You can view all actors' relationship value with each other.

The new version give a choice between Single Leader scene or Multiple Leaders scene.

The Single Leader version will only contain Window Friend List.

Spoiler

The Multiple Leaders version will contain both Window Friend List and Window Leader List.

Spoiler

New Features
- You are now able to use more than one Leader. Decide which actor to become leader by using notetag.

- New "Best Friend Skill" that's unlocked when 2 actors have Maximum Friendship Level with each other.

- Global Level Cap feature! Apply level cap restriction at anytime to any actors by using plugin commands.

- FP Lock effect. Temporarily prevent certain actor from gaining or losing FP by using plugin command.

- Friendship Icons. Customize which icon(s) that show up at certain level by using notetag.

- Custom Friend Icon. Add any icon to any actor at anytime mid-game by using plugin command.

- Custom Leader Icon. Use plugin command to add/remove icon in Window Leader List.

- More variable control. Quickly check which actor has the highest FP or Friendship Level among the Leader's friend list.

- Complete window customization. Disable or enable some parts of the window. Adjust the Offset X and Offset Y to your liking!

Terms of Use
Free to use in both commercial and non-commercial project as long as credit is given.

Simply credit me as "Moogle_X" in your in-game credit.

External Link

View attachment Moogle_X_ActorsFriendshipSystem.rar

Last edited:

Skotty TV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Pretty awesome!!!

EXACTLY what i need :)

Thank you very much my friend!

Stay Awesome!  :rock-left:   BD   :rock-right:

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome! This is just one of the kinds of things my projects need! Thank you!

There's something I'm wondering about, though. How difficult and time intensive would it be to allow for other characters to be the "leader" of their own relationships, as well? For example, Actor 1 might be on great terms with Actor 2 and Actor 3, but Actor 2 might hate Actor 3. I don't want to request it if it's too much, but it's something my projects could really use, and might help other people a lot as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome! This is just one of the kinds of things my projects need! Thank you!

There's something I'm wondering about, though. How difficult and time intensive would it be to allow for other characters to be the "leader" of their own relationships, as well? For example, Actor 1 might be on great terms with Actor 2 and Actor 3, but Actor 2 might hate Actor 3. I don't want to request it if it's too much, but it's something my projects could really use, and might help other people a lot as well.
I second this... basically like a faction system... Perhaps even make it extend beyond your characters... perhaps buying lots from a store increases your relationship with the shop guild or something and your relationship level gives discounts... or because you are friendly with the thieves guild, the shop guild dislikes you and charges you more... just an idea

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very, very nice! This is very usefull!

Like Sol Rising said though, a cap parameter or something similar would be very nice so you can't "break" the system.

I would personally also like to request the option to display the friendship in Icons or a gauge, instead of numbers. And the possibility to decide the intervall for when a new icon is shown if this option is chosen would also add a lot of depth to the customization in my opinion.

For example, make it so it displays one heart (icon) every 5th friendship level. So at level 1-4 it would show one heart and at 5-9 it would show two hearts etc.

Obsidian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is great! Does it only work for actors in the party (or actors in general), or can NPCs be set and have their friendship levels go up using plugin commands in events? 

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Obsidian

You can use it for NPC too as long as you put a dummy NPC data into the Actors database. After that, you can increase their friendship value using plugin command.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This might be one of my favorite plugins so far. Not sure if I'll use it in my game, as I hate just packing on features just for the sake of having them. But it's very very nice. Great job!

Gabihime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is great! I was very excited when I saw you were working on this.

This is pretty much exactly what I need!

I'd also like the ability to apply states based on friendship level, if that's not too much trouble :) So once the level reaches a particular value, states for one or both of the characters could be triggered. (Like a perma passive state, available through other plugins).

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I second this... basically like a faction system... Perhaps even make it extend beyond your characters... perhaps buying lots from a store increases your relationship with the shop guild or something and your relationship level gives discounts... or because you are friendly with the thieves guild, the shop guild dislikes you and charges you more... just an idea
I... third this? Is that a thing? Anyway a faction system would be GREAT but I love the script already since it gives a layer of personality to the characters!  :)

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I... third this? Is that a thing? Anyway a faction system would be GREAT but I love the script already since it gives a layer of personality to the characters!  :)
Considering many people request this, I am going to update this plugin with new features like Global Level Cap, Multiple "Leaders", and icons.

But, I'm afraid it's not going to come soon. I want to finish writing 2 other plugins first. After that, I will update this plugin. BD

gokuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very useful!

Could you please add Terms of Use(e.g. only non-commercial, free for all, etc)

LuLight

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Can you make 'Total FP' save in 'Variable ID' please :)

+ oh I found it in 'HELP' it very awesome!!

+ can you make it decrease FP when the actor died in battle please :)

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Considering many people request this, I am going to update this plugin with new features like Global Level Cap, Multiple "Leaders", and icons.But, I'm afraid it's not going to come soon. I want to finish writing 2 other plugins first. After that, I will update this plugin. BD
 Yes! I've been lurking in this thread for days now waiting for you to confirm this. I'll definally use this plugin when it's updated.

I'd also like you to add your terms of use (commercial use ok?) and additional details on how you want to be credited. Is "Moogle_X" in the end credit acceptable to you etc? :)

Lucin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Haha, I just wrote some friendship's common events yesterday to find this now xD

Thank you, it's very useful!  :)

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Considering many people request this, I am going to update this plugin with new features like Global Level Cap, Multiple "Leaders", and icons.

But, I'm afraid it's not going to come soon. I want to finish writing 2 other plugins first. After that, I will update this plugin. BD
I understand. Just glad to hear that it's coming. Sorry if my request/suggestion was really complicated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.
Please pop up a storm. Please pop up a storm.
So I tried composing a battle theme for the Linear Motion Battle System that I'm probably going to implement into my game. I really love real time combat, and I think that this theme might help give some energy to battles. Tell me what you think of it in the comments! Also, please do not use my music in your games.
My LMBS battle theme
* Me start speak in voice chat
"Lol, you're actually a girl?!"
(But I'm a guy tho... well, let's just pretend and see how long it will last)
* Years has passed... I have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mindstream