Actors Friendship System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Moogle_X, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Actors Friendship System v2.08
    by Moogle_X

Introduction
    This plugin adds friendship mechanic between the main actor and other actors of your choice. Each actor has their own friendship value that can be increased or decreased multiple ways. As the friendship value grows, that actor's friendship level may level up. You can set some skills to be automatically learned at certain friendship level.

There is also the option to store certain actor's friendship value or friendship level into in-game variable. You can then use that variable's value as a conditional trigger for new event, etc.

Actor's friendship value can be viewed in custom scene. You can access it from the main menu or simply by using plugin command.

Features
    - Use plugin command to increase/decrease actor's friendship value.
    - Items and skills used by the Main Actor can increase/decrease other actor's friendship value.

- View actor's friendship value in custom scene.
    - Learn new skills by increasing friendship level.

- Easily change in-game variables using plugin command.

- Run any common event at specific Friendship Level.

Screenshots

Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How to Use
    Install the plugin using plugin manager and edit the plugin configurations (there are plenty). Read the help file for more info on notetags and plugin commands.

UPDATE! Version 2.0 "Multiple Leaders"

Spoiler

Now the plugin supports Multiple Leaders. You can view all actors' relationship value with each other.

The new version give a choice between Single Leader scene or Multiple Leaders scene.

The Single Leader version will only contain Window Friend List.

Spoiler

[​IMG]

The Multiple Leaders version will contain both Window Friend List and Window Leader List.

Spoiler

[​IMG]

New Features
    - You are now able to use more than one Leader. Decide which actor to become leader by using notetag.

- New "Best Friend Skill" that's unlocked when 2 actors have Maximum Friendship Level with each other.

- Global Level Cap feature! Apply level cap restriction at anytime to any actors by using plugin commands.

- FP Lock effect. Temporarily prevent certain actor from gaining or losing FP by using plugin command.

- Friendship Icons. Customize which icon(s) that show up at certain level by using notetag.

- Custom Friend Icon. Add any icon to any actor at anytime mid-game by using plugin command.

- Custom Leader Icon. Use plugin command to add/remove icon in Window Leader List.

- More variable control. Quickly check which actor has the highest FP or Friendship Level among the Leader's friend list.

- Complete window customization. Disable or enable some parts of the window. Adjust the Offset X and Offset Y to your liking!

Terms of Use
    Free to use in both commercial and non-commercial project as long as credit is given.

Simply credit me as "Moogle_X" in your in-game credit.

External Link

View attachment Moogle_X_ActorsFriendshipSystem.rar

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    DrJDorian, Archeia, Uzuki and 56 others like this.
  2. Soryn

Soryn The Waffle King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Another one of those plugins you forgot you needed until it smacks you in the face like this one :)

Thanks a million!

Raol and Edsephiroth like this.
  3. Skotty TV

Skotty TV Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Pretty awesome!!!

EXACTLY what i need :)

Thank you very much my friend!

Stay Awesome!  :rock-left:   BD   :rock-right:

Raol likes this.
  4. SpacemanFive

SpacemanFive Meteor Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Awesome! This is just one of the kinds of things my projects need! Thank you!

There's something I'm wondering about, though. How difficult and time intensive would it be to allow for other characters to be the "leader" of their own relationships, as well? For example, Actor 1 might be on great terms with Actor 2 and Actor 3, but Actor 2 might hate Actor 3. I don't want to request it if it's too much, but it's something my projects could really use, and might help other people a lot as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    Soryn likes this.
  5. Soryn

Soryn The Waffle King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I second this... basically like a faction system... Perhaps even make it extend beyond your characters... perhaps buying lots from a store increases your relationship with the shop guild or something and your relationship level gives discounts... or because you are friendly with the thieves guild, the shop guild dislikes you and charges you more... just an idea

Oghmios1337 likes this.
  6. Sol Rising

Sol Rising Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    would it be possible to achieve a cap on friendship level? once friendship level reaches lv "x" amount, the other actors can not achieve that level, kinda like a marriage thing in fire emblem?

7. LuLight

LuLight Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Awesome!!  I need it!!

8. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Very, very nice! This is very usefull!

Like Sol Rising said though, a cap parameter or something similar would be very nice so you can't "break" the system.

I would personally also like to request the option to display the friendship in Icons or a gauge, instead of numbers. And the possibility to decide the intervall for when a new icon is shown if this option is chosen would also add a lot of depth to the customization in my opinion.

For example, make it so it displays one heart (icon) every 5th friendship level. So at level 1-4 it would show one heart and at 5-9 it would show two hearts etc.

Sol Rising likes this.
  9. Obsidian

Obsidian Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This is great! Does it only work for actors in the party (or actors in general), or can NPCs be set and have their friendship levels go up using plugin commands in events? 

10. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Obsidian

You can use it for NPC too as long as you put a dummy NPC data into the Actors database. After that, you can increase their friendship value using plugin command.

11. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This might be one of my favorite plugins so far. Not sure if I'll use it in my game, as I hate just packing on features just for the sake of having them. But it's very very nice. Great job!

12. Gabihime

Gabihime Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This is great! I was very excited when I saw you were working on this.

This is pretty much exactly what I need!

I'd also like the ability to apply states based on friendship level, if that's not too much trouble :) So once the level reaches a particular value, states for one or both of the characters could be triggered. (Like a perma passive state, available through other plugins).

13. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I... third this? Is that a thing? Anyway a faction system would be GREAT but I love the script already since it gives a layer of personality to the characters!  :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    Oghmios1337 likes this.
  14. Moogle_X

Moogle_X Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Considering many people request this, I am going to update this plugin with new features like Global Level Cap, Multiple "Leaders", and icons.

But, I'm afraid it's not going to come soon. I want to finish writing 2 other plugins first. After that, I will update this plugin. BD

15. gokuby

gokuby Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Very useful!

Could you please add Terms of Use(e.g. only non-commercial, free for all, etc)

16. LuLight

LuLight Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Can you make 'Total FP' save in 'Variable ID' please :)

+ oh I found it in 'HELP' it very awesome!!

+ can you make it decrease FP when the actor died in battle please :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  17. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
     Yes! I've been lurking in this thread for days now waiting for you to confirm this. I'll definally use this plugin when it's updated.

I'd also like you to add your terms of use (commercial use ok?) and additional details on how you want to be credited. Is "Moogle_X" in the end credit acceptable to you etc? :)

18. Lucin

Lucin Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Haha, I just wrote some friendship's common events yesterday to find this now xD

Thank you, it's very useful!  :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  19. Eisenwain

Eisenwain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I dont understand, where i must write AFP Show Actor x ??????????? in the actor"s notetag?

20. SpacemanFive

SpacemanFive Meteor Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I understand. Just glad to hear that it's coming. Sorry if my request/suggestion was really complicated.

Oghmios1337 likes this.