Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
@Val

I updated the plugin again to v2.07.

Now, the multiple common events bug should be fixed now. :D
 THANKKKKKKKKKKK YOU !! Wonderful! I can continue my quest in doing something really reat with friendship in my game! :D

If you have any other improvement on the move, let me know !

wintyrbarnes

Jack of a Few Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is super neat! I can't wait to put it in actual use in my game. :p  

As an aside, it doesn't work when I have Moghunter's splash screen plugin enabled. When I launch the game, it gives me an error: "TypeError Cannot read property 'afsCeUpdate' of null" This only happens with the splash screen plugin and none of the other custom title plugins. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@wintyrbarnes

Would you like to re-download the plugin and try again? I made small tweak that "hopefully" fix the issue.

Please tell me the result on your end. :)

wintyrbarnes

Jack of a Few Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works now! Thank you very much. :D

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm slightly confused about the items tags.  Is it possible to use an item on an actor and then the recipient gains FP?  The note tags in the Help show that you have to specify an actor beforehand, am I reading that wrong?  LOVE the plugin Moogle!

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@e463gx

You can put the fp gain notetag on items. But the fp gain effect will not occur on the map (only in battle).

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@e463gx

You can put the fp gain notetag on items. But the fp gain effect will not occur on the map (only in battle).
Is it possible to make it work on maps too?

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Iliketea

The reason I disabled item FP gain on the map is... because it's unclear who is the "subject" of this item-usage-action. Lol! :guffaw:

When using skills on the map, it's very clear who is the caster and who is the recipient.

Item usage on the other hand... well, I think you get the point. :p

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I see ^^ 

Thats too bad because I have a "food"-system that depending ,what kind of food you eat, gives you different buffs for the next battle and only can be eaten on the map.... 

And I wanted everyone to have a certain favorite dish that gives him or her FP :/

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Iliketea

Don't worry. There is always a workaround. I assume you are using Single Leader approach, right?

In that case, we just simply assume that the "subject" of all item usage on map is your main actor.

I wrote a patch that re-enable Item FP gain on map.

Make sure to edit the parameter "Single Leader Id On Map" and change it to you main actor Id. :p

Oh, and make sure to put this patch below Actors Friendship System. :)

Moogle_X_AFS_OnMapItemPatch.rar

Attachments

• Moogle_X_AFS_OnMapItemPatch.rar
    956 bytes · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

Drake Aran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Mhhhh... I love this plugin, but there's an issue. It seriously LAGS a lot at higher resolutions (I play at 1344x768 px). It's definitely the heaviest plugin on my list and... well, it feels weird considering what it does. Does anyone else experience this? Check your FPS with F2 while you play and open the Friendship menu! The FPS will especially drop when you move from one character to the other in the friendship menu.

P.S. I have a pretty powerful machine (haswell i5 and radeon hd 6870 and 16 GB of RAM).

EDIT: It should also be noted that version 1.0 of the script worked perfectly (without any trace of lag), and that the problems started to surface from version 2.0 and above. There must be something in the way you completely rewrote the plugin that made it much heavier on the hardware. Since the FPS drop pretty much constantly while in the friendship menu, I'd guess it's some kind of loop or refresh function that gets called when it really shouldn't be.

Last edited by a moderator:

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ugh... Moogle.  I can only love you so much. Stop. (Don't actually stop)

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Iliketea

Don't worry. There is always a workaround. I assume you are using Single Leader approach, right?

In that case, we just simply assume that the "subject" of all item usage on map is your main actor.

I wrote a patch that re-enable Item FP gain on map.

Make sure to edit the parameter "Single Leader Id On Map" and change it to you main actor Id. :p

Oh, and make sure to put this patch below Actors Friendship System. :)
Did I ever tell you just HOW MUCH I love you ?!

If you would live in Germany I would bring you a giant cake!

Sadly that isnt possible so here is a digital one:

article-0-14FA374C000005DC-973_634x467.jpg

masterely

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I love how this plugin matches what I need at the moment. Great work!

Speedvore

RPG Making since RM95!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much for this awesome Plug-in!

Would it be at all possible to create an option to use custom images as the background (as AltMenuScreen3 did), rather than the default windows? I feel like that would add a real great touch to make it even more customizable. :)

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could you add a scene to this plugin which allows the player to view a status screen?

for example: Player selects actor 2 from the friendship scene which opens a new scene with an larger scaled image of the actor and a text box that reads: "Harold is very happy to hang out with you!"

This is important for my game and I'm sure it would be easy to add but idk how to do it!

Amethyst-BJ

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I do not know why "AFS Lose x Friend y Leader z" does't work for me.
I can use "Gain" but not "Lose" :(

section31

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One neat feature add on that this plugin could have if it's easy enough is to have the scale go into the negative as well...So party members can start to hate you (negative friendship levels) so you can make certain dialogs happen when they hate you enough, or the leave your team, or something. 

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is the author of this plugin even tracking this thread? I haven't seen a reply from them at all.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow to celebrate National Pokémon Day. :smile: What Pokémon games is everyone else playing?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForbiddenDonut