Diguito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would love if someone create a script for me. The only thing the script needs to do is show the actor's name on screen. I would like be able to choose the window's position such as it's colours and size.

I know I'm asking a very hard thing(or not, i'm not a scripter) but i really need this for my project and i'll be very thankful if someone help me.

Thank you for your attention and a huge high-five for those who will try do the scripts. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is not hard to do at all xD this is rather simple ~

just need be more specific on the option you want?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are already scripts that have that as an option, for example yanfly's message system script.

Diguito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So guys, I just wanna be able to specify the font size and color each time I call it by script. Is this possible? Something like:

(x,y,size,color) and window's opacity as 0.  [sorry, I don't know anything abou scripts]

ahh, just another thing..is possible to show more than one name at once..?

@Edit: I forgot to say, it has to be on "parallel process" I mean, can't stop the game while shows the name.(The player have to be able to move the character)... :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using a HUD, you neither need a script nor a parallel process. Just make it a picture and use show picture using screen coordinates - the picture will remain until you erase it or you go to a different map.

DO NOT USE a parallel process for this, it will either break your game or cause too much lag.

Parallel processes are NOT for map displays, they have other functions

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a better idea of a way to do this, use a message script to customize the message box however you want, type the char name in it. Then go into test mode, and take a SS of the customized message box, with the char name in it. After that crop out everything but the name/custom message box in a art program, then just use show picture in the game to display it.

PS. OMG I love Yanfly's message script, is there no end to all the great things you can do with it :)

Diguito

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I find out a script that may help me, anyway, thanks everyone that comment, you are great =D. And guys, had to be a script, because the player can change his name, so there's no way I could make it by image, and as I said, I have to put on a specific X and Y for screen, so message wouldn't help either. And thanks everyone again  :)  bye

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I find out a script that may help me, anyway, thanks everyone that comment, you are great =D. And guys, had to be a script, because the player can change his name, so there's no way I could make it by image, and as I said, I have to put on a specific X and Y for screen, so message wouldn't help either. And thanks everyone again  :)  bye
Ok, glad you found a script that does what you want.

However with that said, I strongly suggest you be more detailed in the future, as to what exactly a script/feature must actually do(You didn't mention that the names of char aren't fixed).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I read Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, the more I deeply respect Bill Watterson. Plenty of stuff flew over my head, but now that I'm old enough to appreciate the viewpoints he shared with the fun and imagination? I am grateful that C&H was basically my early childhood.
After years of relying on others and the community to help with making my games, I've decided to delve into the world of scripting. Thought I'd share a few simple scripts that I made that I'm very proud of and excited about!

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TerryCollins