Actors won't appear when starting playtests

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every time i start a play test, the actors in the party won't appear even though the transparent actor setting is off!
Anyone could help me?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you set start point on the map? Make sure "start transparent" in System tab is unchecked.

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, i set a start point on the map. Im starting to think the problem is from one of my plugins.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the setting for the starting party? If that is empty you'll have no actors in the party.

what are the default sprites of the actors in the party? again if not set it will look as if they are invisible

does the same happen if you make a new map and set the starting point there? Just to check if there is an event on your starting map messing up.

have you started a new game on playtest? loading a saved game can use old and wrong data.

only if all that is not the case I would check the plugins, because most plugins don't cause something like that without intending it

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found the problem.
one of the plugins was supposed to increase the size of the party.
got rid of it and the actors appeared.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't see how that would stop the first actors appearing.

How did you set up your starting party? Did you delete/clear slots from the Actors tab? The starting party should be set in the System tab - if you have any blank entries there, it means a "gap", or an actor you won't see on the map when the game begins. You can also tell this by going to the menu - are there any blank slots before or between the actors?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it might have been a misconfiguration - if that plugin had a configurable number for the party size, and that number defaulted to zero (for example if it was configured by a variable and the OP ignored that value, defaulting it to zero) then the party would have become empty even if there is something in the starting party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeymastermind