BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I bought AD jungle a while ago but recently started using it, and I'm having a hard time animating the waterfalls.
The normal options (walking/stepping animation on) doesn't work. How can I animate them? Tried to fiddle with the custom routine and the speed settings, but it either moves way too fast or crazy slow.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are those waterfalls on the A tile or as charactersheet? if its B-E, than they animate though.
and you need to animate yourself.

so far I understand it though are Celianna's more parallax tiles, and probably need to edit if you
want them to use in the editor. (but I can be wrong)

you can ask the creator of those herself?

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
They are charactersets. Not tiles. And it has nothing to do with parallax mapping.. They're made to be animated.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm having this issue with the Winter tileset for Ace. The waterfall's not animated, even though it's supposed to be and it's a character file. I tried renaming it similar to other files that work but it's still not animating.
EDIT: I found the picture that says to animate it like a door, which I tried, but can't get it to automatically start/run.

@Celianna

Last edited:

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm having this issue with the Winter tileset for Ace. The waterfall's not animated, even though it's supposed to be and it's a character file. I tried renaming it similar to other files that work but it's still not animating.
EDIT: I found the picture that says to animate it like a door, which I tried, but can't get it to automatically start/run.

@Celianna
You can try this setup, add more frames if you want it to be slower and vice versa1619869472166.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or if it's 3 frames, use "stepping animation" to avoid parallel process.
I don know if there is a script that will loop stepping always if it's
in the events notebox though, shaz had 1 for mv, maybe for ace too?

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can try this setup, add more frames if you want it to be slower and vice versaView attachment 188022
Holy crap, I don't know what kind of sorcery you did, but somehow that setup made it work! I tried something very similar before but the only thing it managed to do was freeze the game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmoviesfco7