MiLo-Katergaris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I would like to have a state that grants the affted individual the ability to gain greater defenses against an element each time they are hit by it.

For example: Mage A casts Fireball. Enemy takes normal damage. Mage B casts Fireball, Enemy takes 50% damage. Mage A casts fireball again, Enemy is now immune. Mage B casts Fireball, Enemy now absorbs it.

I'm using a lot of Yanfly plugins, and I'm pretty sure its possible with his plugins Eval Codes but I'm not very confident in using them.

Non-Yanfly solutions are appreciated too!

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Ideas and Prototypes is for discussing design (of an individual project or mechanic), not asking for help with implementation in RPG Maker. Normally I'd move this to MV Support, but since the best solution is almost certainly a smart set of notetags in Yanfly's Buffs & States Core (or similar), I'll send it over to Plugin Support instead, where the notetag wizards hang out.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd use a State Counter to track how many times you've been hit by an elemental effect and base the element rate calculation off of that. Then use a Custom Respond Effect to see if incoming damage is elemental and increment the state counter if so.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

SnJj_O.png
Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heibao1999