R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone~

Soo out of the blue I found this script, which I thought was pretty awesome, it basically lets you choose different sets of actor images to have different sprites for dashing and idling, as well as running a common event. It isn't that long or hard to figure out how it works, but its still impressive.

But here is my issue, this script requires me to have a 12x8 actor graphic, since the first 3x4 is for idling, second for walking, and third for dashing (or however you decide). And, I'm currently using Victor's Animated Battlers, kaduki type. And these demand to save the actor graphic as: "$ActorName", and for having that "$" it means it is 3x4, not 12x8 as I need for this script.

Can anyone help me with a way to adapt kaduki type actor sprites to this or another similar script? The only thing I want are the idle and dashing animations, any script is just fine. I've tried to do it with common events and such, but that didn't work as good as I expected ;_; (characters DID changed sprites but kept blinking [opacity 255>0>255,etc], I guess this has to do with Victor's Diagonal Movement, but it's just a guess).

I'll leave the scripts here:

Galv Idle/Dashing Animations:

http://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-character-animations/

Victor's Animated Battlers:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27014140/Scripts/Victor%20Engine%20-%20Animated%20Battle.txt

I know I normally shouldn't be trying to blend different scripts, but this was such a simple yet good add-on, I do want to have it. >~<

But regardless, thank you all in advance~ :D

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you asking for someone to help you change the script(s), or to help you change the sprites?

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Are you asking for someone to help you change the script(s), or to help you change the sprites?
Whatever works the best, I tried changing the sprites, and it did worked (on the map) but on battle the sprites were wrong.

But my guess is that a script change or a suggestion of another script, might be a better solution.

EDIT:

After thinking it for a while (and the fact the script its pretty simple) I guess the only thing I want to do here is change the character index, so it uses another actor graphic instead with a suffix (like "_2").

def idle_anim

$game_player.step_anime = true

if $game_party.leader.character_index  != 0

$game_party.battle_members.each { |m| m.set_g(0) }

$game_player.refresh

end

@idletime += 1

end

def move_anim

if $game_player.dash?

if $game_party.leader.character_index != 2

$game_party.battle_members.each { |m| m.set_g(2) }

$game_player.refresh

end

else

if $game_party.leader.character_index != 1

$game_party.battle_members.each { |m| m.set_g(1) }

$game_player.refresh

end

end

@idletime = 0

end

So, is there a way to look for another graphic, with the same name as the actor's + a suffix, for dashing and idling, for a total of 3 sprites per character? (It needs to be done this way)

Thank You~

Last edited by a moderator:

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
bump,

well due the trouble it is giving me at the moment I would like to change the question, does anyone know a way in which I can use idle animations that ISN'T Galv's? (Like a common event, etc if possible)

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Just make a copy of your charasets with different names since each scripts will reconize what charasets sheet to use by their names and so you will be able to make a chara sheet for Galv's script.

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Just make a copy of your charasets with different names since each scripts will reconize what charasets sheet to use by their names and so you will be able to make a chara sheet for Galv's script.
I tried this and many other things, but it only screwed up the sprites when I entered battle :(

My, my, what a nice gem we got here.

I would like some advice though, if you don't mind.

I can get all animations to work, but I'm having some trouble with the Idling.

And yup, I did update the clear stances line: @idle_stance = VE_DEFAULT_IDLE_SUFIX

Where VE_DEFAULT_IDLE_SUFIX = "[idle]"

If I make an event, and change the speed of the idling animation via comment, the animation does speed up/slow down, that is until I move. I don't want to keep the idle animation while walking, but I do want to keep the speed I previously set. Because everytime I move, the idle animation speed resets.

I tried making a common event as a parallel process, as follows:

http://bit.ly/1eSleKn

Also, I activate stepping animation beforehand.

And it does work, the problem is that when I try to walk the actor's sprite starts to flicker between both walking and idling animations, for some reason dashing is unnafected though.

Could you suggest me a better way to keep the idling speed, that isn't keeping it while walking?

If not, just leave it like that, it is already awesome as it is.

Thank you in advance :D ~

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I don't get it, you don't need to touch the script or use events for nothing, the script work all alone.

Also there is no "idle sufix" i don't know where did you get that there is one.

The idle pose is the default pose without sufixes. you just need to turn the character Stepping Animation ON.

Sometimes people complicate such simple things just because the assume that everything that involve scripts is complicated...

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I don't get it, you don't need to touch the script or use events for nothing, the script work all alone.

Also there is no "idle sufix" i don't know where did you get that there is one.

The idle pose is the default pose without sufixes. you just need to turn the character Stepping Animation ON.

Sometimes people complicate such simple things just because the assume that everything that involve scripts is complicated...
Ok lets leave it like that then~ Thank You~

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidnguyen