yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm wondering how easy/difficult/possible/impossible it might be to add the ability to fully toggle this plugin off and on during gameplay using a plugin command:

Rhyme Map Smooth Scrolling

Why turn it on? Purely because the plugin is utilized by the Lecode Tactical Battle System, and dramatically improves the quality of camera scrolling during its battles.

Why turn it off? It conflicts with basically every plugin that exists for parallax mapping (prevents binding to map), and also breaks vanilla parallax scrolling behavior.

So basically it would be really nice to be able to turn it on for some battles, and even nicer to turn it off again immediately afterwards.

Probably not possible, but doesn't hurt to ask.

I reached out to the person who ported it. Doesn't appear to be taking calls.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's basically impossible to turn off any plugin during gameplay - that would be like trying to work on the motor of yourcar while racing on the highway.

What can theoretically be done is activating or deactivating specific functions of a plugin. But that requires the plugin to be programmed to include commands for that. And if the plugin wasn't programmed for that from the beginning, it may take a lot of rewriting to add those options later.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's basically what I expected.

I guess it's really a matter of whether the underlying issues it causes with both vanilla and plugin parallaxes are something caused by some low-level, core piece of functionality it has or some extra piece that could potentially be stripped away or modified.

Given that these issues pop up without actually sending any script calls to RSS, I'm expecting the former, but I thought it wouldn't hurt - to use your metaphor - to have a mechanic take a look under the hood. The plugin itself is relatively small.

I don't know enough about javascript to say exactly what the plugin is doing but it *seems* like it's somehow using parallax scrolling to pan the camera. And breaking literally everything else having to do with parallax scrolling in the process. I would just like to make it... not do that until called upon I guess? If possible.

Probably a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>
X.X ok... I guess I'll just have to think about 48x48 a little differently. Its not "room for more work"..."its room for more detail!...yay"
Alexa, play Buck-Tick - Dress

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niickpv90